Monday, August 4, 2008

Productive Weekend

After I got through the viewing, service, burial, and wake, I was exhausted. I do have to say that my Grams had the most beautiful casket I have ever seen. Everything turned out perfect. As a family we were all able to mourn, comfort each other, and then share stories to remember the most wonderful lady of all time.

Before I knew it, Saturday morning was here and it was time to get up and focus on wedding planning. With the baby on the way, we have a lot to get done. My mom is a stresser. She can't wait until the last minute on anything and is really striving to have all the wedding planning stuff done and set before the baby comes. We definitely have a busy year ahead of us that is for sure. My mom, although controlling at times, always has my best interest in mind. And I have to thank her. She took it upon herself to schedule all of my Saturday. She had appointments to look at wedding locations at 10 and 12, lunch, and then dress shopping. Holy crap, it was a LONG day. We fell in love with the first place that we went to. It is absolutely perfect and definitely matches both Eli and my style. It was absolutely gorgeous and it was easy to imagine the wedding and how everything would be laid out. The second place we went to was an easy no. I liked nothing about it. It was too...I don't know, not us AT ALL. But we got an excellent lunch out of it. That is one thing they do have it yummy food and I was starving by that point.

Then my mom, sister, Swae and I were off to dress shop. I have been dress shopping with other people and participated in modeling wedding dresses, but shopping for my own was such an incredible experience. The wave of emotion that runs through your body when you have on the "right" dress is indescribable. It was the best feeling I have ever felt before. I tried on a ton of dresses but definitely found the perfect one. It happened to be the first dress that I tried on too. Swae tried on flower girl dresses and there is one that definitely stands out above the rest and she looks like quite the angel in it. I spent Saturday night thinking about the dress. I couldn't get it out of my mind. So Sunday I had my mom, two aunts, and Shannon meet me to get their opinions before I bought it. Most everyone was torn between two dresses. Both were beautiful in different ways, but my dress, is the perfect one for me. And I think that everyone agreed on that. The decision was made and we ordered the dress!!!!

What a huge step down and out of the way. I knew that I needed to get that as soon as possible with weight on the way and I am just so happy that it worked out so well and went so easy and smooth. I am also so very thankful for my aunt's and Shannon being there to help me and being so supportive. I am truly grateful and so very much appreciative. I am stoked to have so much done already. I know that it is really going to help out since there is baby planning going on as well. So...YAY!!!!

5 comments:

Just Jiff said...

Yay for the dress! Can't wait to see pics!! When is the wedding? Soon, I hope, since your belly isn't getting any smaller. :) I'm soooo excited!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on finding your perfect dress! :)

angie said...

Yay for dress shopping!! I was thinking the same thing about the dates...won't the baby be due right around the same time as the wedding? Or am I off? I am so happy you found the prefect dress...the only thing that could make me happier was seeing a picture of it on here helloooo!!! :)

Jodi said...

Glad you found the dress you want! I've been married for almost 11 years and my advice to you is go with your gut and usually your first instinct is the right one.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are quick on the ball. My BFF took her time I can't tell you how many stores we went too. Congratulation on getting the dress...that's a big thing out of the way! YAY!