Sunday, August 31, 2008

Excellent Lake Day

Thank goodness we went to the lake yesterday. So far, it already seems like today is going to not be near as nice. And the wind, ugh. How I hate the wind. Yesterday was absolutely fabulous. We all had a blast. When we first got up there, the beach was damn near empty - not something I am used to seeing up there. It didn't take long for it to get packed though! The kids played ALL-DAY-LONG!!!!!! Even when we left to come home at 5:30, they were still wanting to stay and play. The water was cold, but they braved being in there many times. Mostly, they loved playing in the sand and running around, oh yes, and splashing. It was great.

I was glad for a the breeze yesterday because sitting in the sun for that long would have been very hard. I enjoyed talking with Wendy, and spending time with the twins. It felt like old times being up there with Kara and Tara. We used to go up there all the time. Kara seemed to really enjoy herself. I think she has really been homesick and feels like she is missing out on so much being in Vegas now. Poor thing. I know it will get better once her and Paul are settled in more of a routine. Until then (and even after), she will be visiting often.

We all enjoyed some tasty snacks, some yummy lunch, and got a kick out of watching the college kids around us. There were a couple groups that were just partying away. One was doing beer Olympics. It was hysterical. The other group was just drinking constantly and enjoying numerous beer bongs. I enjoyed tons of water and didn't miss at all getting so drunk that I would feel miserable.

By the time we left, we were all spent...even if the kids didn't realize it. Seth was asleep within five minutes, if that, with a HUGE smile on his face. Swae tried to fight her heavy eyes for a quite awhile, but eventually lost the fight and caught some z's as well. I didn't let them sleep too long though because I wanted them to get a good night sleep. So once home, we jumped in the shower, ate, and then were off to watch part of a movie and get some rest.

I am not sure what today has in store for us just yet, but I am sure whatever it is will be great. The little ones woke up in happy moods and it is now time to get some breakfast. I hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day Weekend so far.

Oh and I have pictures that I will post, but it won't be til Tuesday.

3 comments:

Jayla'sMommy said...

Glad you're having such a great weekend :))
Can't wait to see pictures!

angie said...

Can't wait to see the pics...sounds like a super fun weekend!

Nellie said...

Sounds like the perfect day!

I am not able to get into your private blog anymore!! Can you send me an invite again? Thanks :)