Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Flowers, Cake, Dinner

Today after work, my mom and I went to the Cake & Flower Shoppe to get ideas. OMG!!!! I am so excited. I have such a great idea of what flowers I am going to go with for my bouquet and for my bridesmaids. I am so anxious to see them...haha, I have a long time to wait for that! I will be going in in a few months though to look at some actual samples of the flowers to get a better idea, but I am pretty sure I will love and go with what I have picked out so far.

I also got a good idea about how much my cake is going to be, even if we use someone else. I already have an idea of what I want it to look like, the shape, and the decorations. So that is exciting too!

It really is so insane how expensive things are. We have been trying to help pay for things, even though my mom fights me on it. I did, however, make it clear to my mom tonight that we will be buying the cake and flowers. I appreciate my parents so much for all that they are doing, but I don't for a second expect them to pay for everything and I don't want them to feel obligated to pay for it all. I want to help and show my mom and dad that we aren't just relying on them.

After our time looking at cakes and flowers, my mom and I met up with my little sister, who started her Senior year on Monday, for dinner at BJ's. Yummy!!!! I didn't think I was hungry until I got my food and then plowed it down. I haven't really been feeling good today and eating really felt good. And no, I wasn't starving myself or the little bambino in me. Plus we had a kiler dessert! It was so nice spending time with my mom and sister and just chatting...about everything. There wasn't a lot of wedding or baby talk, it was a lot of just life talk and what is going on. I miss those times. Everything has been so much about the upcoming events, that I feel like I am missing out on the every day lives of my family. So it was great to catch up with them. I am so amazed by my sister and how big she is. I am floored she is a senior already and can't believe that she will be graduating in 9 months!!! Time flies I tell you!

Now I am home and getting ready to snuggle with my man. Mmmmm, gotta love it!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I can't even imagine planning my wedding and being pregnant at the same time! I had a very low key, stress free wedding and it was the very best day of my life BUT it took every ounce of my memory. Do all you can now to plan because when you get to about month 8 of pregnancy you will not be able to think about much besides how much you want to meet your baby and how you wish your insides would stop aching.

Katie Marie said...

I LOVED the Prego pig out. In fact I loved it so much I still do it. Not good. Not good at all.