Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of 1st Grade!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-25-08

Yesterday, our sweet angel started first grade! I still am finding it hard to believe. It seems like it was just yesterday that she was little, let alone starting kindergarten. I was terribly sad not to be there yesterday to see her before school, but was so happy that Eli was able to make it and was sure to send the camera off with him. From what I heard, both Swae and Seth were overly excited to see their daddy.

Here is the beautiful first grader! I love her cute little backpack. Eli and I picked it out. It is so cute and it is full of her favorite colors!
The sweet babies. Oh the love I have for the two of them.
My three favorite people - Eli with his babies. Moments like these are precious to him.
Definitely daddy's girl here. So sad how much she is growing! She is such an angel and such a pleasure to be around.
She found her desk and claimed it. She made sure to keep her daddy in sight!
Aw, look at her. I like how they have groups and not desks where junk and trash gets collected.
We got to talk to her last night. She was very happy about her first day and likes both of her teachers. It is funny, one of her teachers (in the pink-ish shirt) used to work with Eli's mom. They emailed yesterday and she was sure to let us know that Swae was doing well without us even asking. I had no doubt in my mind. Swae was also very excited because instead of only getting recess three times, they were able to go out four times because they were being such good listeners. To hear her, so happy and excited and full of life, was absolutely mind blowing exciting. I am looking forward to watching her progress this year. She is such a fast learner and I know that she is really going to do well.

8 comments:

Stefanie said...

What a cool experience! Growing up I loved every first day of school. The new clothes, new supplies, new class/teacher, new activities. Such an exciting time!

Christy said...

The first day of school is always exciting! Cute pics!

Megan said...

I LOVED the first day of school! I was always nervous, but so excited...there's something so amazing about a fresh start...new school supplies...clean binders. I'm a freak. You are SUCH an amazing mom! :) xoxo

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angie said...

Yay for a good first day of school!! Looks like she settled right in!

Just Jiff said...

Awww!! She's so cute!!

I can't read your other blog anymore. It says I'm not an invited reader. :(

Mrs. F said...

Damn it. I totally forgot to take pictures of my kids in their new desks when they started school last month. What the hell is wrong with me????

I am totally jealous that your daughter gets to wear normal clothes to school. She is freaking ADORABLE!!!!

Jodi said...

Awwww that is so sweet!!!