Thursday, August 14, 2008

Enough is Enough

You know what breaks my heart? Is when two little kids get screwed out of spending a little extra time with their dad just because their mom has a problem with who the dad is with. And is also upset that the dad finally had some courage to stick up for himself and stop getting screwed and is fighting for more time legally. I pray every single day that he is granted it. He is a great father and it wouldn't just be good for him, it would be good for Swae and Seth also.

There have been two, yes TWO, times now that Eli has asked for the kids to stay the night on a Thursday night. The first time we would have been dropping them off at 8:30, only to pick them up at 10am the next day. Her excuse for saying no? "We have something to do in the morning before you get them." Seriously? What the hell can you do with them before 10? Nothing. They ask all the time to stay with us when we have them during the week. It was funny too. When we picked them up on that Friday morning at 10, the only thing they did was get up, eat breakfast and wait for us to get there. A flat out lie is what he was told. Why??? Because she doesn't think of the kids ever and just herself. What would it hurt to let the kids stay with their FATHER an extra night? Nothing. Nothing at all. But because she feels she has "control" of the situation, she uses it. It is sickening. Absolutely disgusting.

He asked her again today if they could stay the night tonight because he is off work tomorrow. He told me he did it. I told him, you know she will say no. He said, "I know, but I want to try. I want to have more time with them." Guess what? No again. And there is absolutely no reason for it.

I am very careful about what I say in these situations considering they are in the middle of a custody case right now, but I am beside myself. I have never met anyone that has used their kids so much. I mean, she is mad at Eli, she is mad at me, she is mad at us and the wedding and the baby. That has NOTHING to do with the children and they shouldn't be the ones being punished for it. How on Earth does any mother deny her children time with their father? What the hell is she trying to prove?? What is she benefiting? I can't imagine that any judge would look at what I just wrote and think anything but negative about her and the way she is handling the divorce and the visitation.

If Kasey wants to hurt Eli, she should come after him directly and leave the kids out of it. I realize that she are upset we are together, getting married, having a baby...but it is time to get over it. We have been together for well over a year. Yes, we've had a rocky few times, but those times have made us nothing but closer, stronger, and better people. Not to mention, there have been A LOT of things given up on his part that were the cause of the problems. Please, just stop taking it out on the kids. Let them see their dad. They long for more time with him. Also, Eli isn't out to hurt Kasey in any way with the custody battle. He just wants what is fair. Right now he doesn't feel that it is fair and he knows that trying to work it out with her would have gone no where (hence why she denied that he should get more time with them). So he is doing it the best way that he knows how and just wants what is best for the kids.

Using the kids as a pawn is sick and twisted. It will be seen in the court room and is already seen by the lawyers and everyone else that knows the situation. Be fair to the kids.

6 comments:

Just Jiff said...

Get used to it. Hopefully it will die down a little once you have your baby, but don't count on it. Right now she knows she has the only leverage she can have and she will use it to her advantage. I have been in the EXACT situation. Unfortunately for us, we didn't have a fighting chance for custody because the legal system down here doesn't give a crap about responsible fathers. They just want your money for child support. Sorry to bitch, but I so understand your frustration. Kasey and Z's mom need to be banished to an island in the middle of nowhere with hungry wolves.

Katie Marie said...

As a mom it would KILL me to be without my baby for a week. Kill me, dead. But I would NEVER in a million years consider anything but 50/50 custody. My failed marriage would not be H's fault, I couldn't take his dad away. My heart hurts for you and Eli.

angie said...

I so hope Eli gets his fair part of custody...actually it would be nice for him to have full, but you know then you are taking away the mom (not that it sounds like a bad thing in this situation!). He deserves to see his kids just as much as she does...ugh she is a yucky person! Oh and can I send my MIL to the island in the middle of nowhere with hungry wolves with Kasey and Z's mom too?? That's it would be much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

I hope this is resolved for the kids sake. They are the ones that everyon should be looking out for.

Nellie said...

sick and twisted for sure... i'm so sorry for you guys, that really sucks.

Dyan said...

GOD, your opinion is perfectly stated.... couldn't agree with you more on your thoughts.... things get ugly in these situations, you and Eli stay strong through this, and keep your absolutelely perfect outlook on things too.... she needs a little growing up I'd say and needs to be a good Mom to the littlin's... 50/50 is fair....