Friday, August 22, 2008

A Weekend Apart

Weekends like this are tough for me. The last weekend Eli and I spent apart was when I went to Park City for my best friends wedding. It was also the weekend I got back and was proposed to and found out we would be welcoming a beautiful child into the world in the Spring. This weekend wasn't at all by choice. One of the greatest things about Eli and I and our relationship is how much we enjoy being together, spending time together, and sharing the same interests.

This weekend, my uncle and his brother went up on their antelope hunt. That means, the all the guys in the family were on their way as well. My family lives for the shit. It really is a great experience - being out in the wilderness, seeing all the wildlife. Plus there is an art to getting your animal and it takes help from all that go. One person alone can fuck up your whole hunt. Everyone loves being together and the stories that come out of these hunts are fantastic. Last weekend, my uncle invited Eli to go this weekend...HUGE. My family doesn't invite just anyone to hunt with them. He instantly looked at me and was like, "And you are coming too right?" Immediately I wanted to go. I love going and doing stuff like that. But, my mom piped up before I could saying that we had to go to the flower warehouse or some shit on Saturday to get ideas for the wedding. Her and Eli went back and forth (they really crack me up) and Eli finally gave in that he could go one weekend without me. My mom and him are too funny and constantly give each other shit. I love it.

So my decision was made for me. I am not mad or upset. However, today I am sad. I always have a hard time being separated from him. It is so hard. Everyone says that it makes them sick and that we should be over that by now, but it is the truth. I know that he is going to have a wonderful time and I am so excited for him to be spending some time with my family. My family loves him already, but I think that him being out with just them, they may see even another side of him. I on the other hand, will be missing him like crazy. In fact, I already do and it has only been 1 hour and 35 minutes since I was with him. Saying good bye sucked. I always cry like a baby...just like I did when he dropped me off at the airport last month. I won't even be able to talk to him while gone due to no cell service. :(

It will be okay though. It is only a couple days and I will be busy myself. My mom and grandma have my day planned for tomorrow and then tomorrow night all the girls in the family are getting together for dinner and a movie at my aunts house, which should be fun. You get my mom and aunts together, give them a margarita (or two) and it is a laugh a minute. They get all loopy and loony. It's great. Tonight my little sister is going to come stay the night with me. She might even stay tomorrow night too. She has been texting me and telling me how much she misses me, so it will be good for us. We need some one on one time. She is going through a tough time right now. Her boyfriend just left for Colorado to go to college. Ugh, her first love and her first broken heart.

**I walked away from this post and now coming back, I have lost all train of thought. THANK YOU PREGNANCY! Bottom line, I miss Eli and will all weekend. I can't wait to be wrapped in his arms again. I will also be missing the little ones and longing for Tuesday.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Awww, don't worry he will be home in no time. I think it is fabulous that your family invited him to go. It just shows how much they like and accept him. He'll be probably talking about you all weekend to them. How cute!