Friday, August 29, 2008

The Smell

Normally, I don't write about things that would have the potential to embarrass me. But there is a first time for everything. I honestly can't believe that I am about to write what I am...but here it goes.

Since being pregnant I have been on a natural pre-natal vitamin. Then after going to the doctor, I was given a sample one to try that also had DHA. I am not out of the ones that I had been taking, but have heard wonderful things about DHA, so I started taking those ones. I have found nothing wrong with them at all. The only thing that I have noticed since taking them is that they make my pee smell...weird. I have to admit that I normally don't ever notice a scent unless of course I eat asparagus, but now I do. And I am not too sure I like it at all.

Has any mommy's had this happen to them?

4 comments:

Christy said...

No smelly urine, but my prenatal vitamin made my pee BRIGHT yellow.

angie said...

I know nothing about prenatals but when Dave takes these one vitamins his pee smells NASTY!!!! I'm sure he will be happy I shared but maybe it's just vitamins in general??

Katie Marie said...

Oh honey. It's just the beginning of the smells. The leaks. The funkyness. Enjoy it girlfriend.

One (among many) weird smell that stands out for me was that my sweat smelled like doritos. Awesome right? Who doesn't want their sweat to smell like a snack?

Oh I know. Me.

Megan said...

Multi-tasking Mama is SO right! A lot of weirdness is going to be going on "down there". I know a lot of multi-vitamins make many people's pee smell that is why I didn't like taking vitamins until I started trying to get pregnant. Now I guess I am just used to it. Also, I have never had pee SO yellow...I drink a lot of water so it is usually pretty clear, but no more...It is crazy how our pregnant bodies react to different things!