Monday, December 1, 2008

Saturday Friend Time

Saturday morning I headed over to Tara's house and we all headed to the craft show that was going on over the weekend. It is something that we have been doing together for years. We were all a bit disappointed with it. It just wasn't as good as previous years. We did find some funny named soap that smelled delicious. The best smells were 'Pop My Cherry', 'Nipplicious', 'Kiss Me All Over', etc. And they are big bars so you cut them in half and they last even longer. So yummy. We got a couple of those and then all got a matching Christmas decoration. That was all. Poor Tara just wasn't feeling good from the night before, but she was a trooper for sure. She just had to stop a few times and definitely found comfort in sitting down!

After the craft show we went back to Tara's and the girls loaded up all of their Christmas presents that they had to wrap and packed a bag for a sleep over at my house. We stopped for lunch at BJ's, where Jill joined us, and then decided to do some more shopping. The sales were so awesome. I can gladly say I am pretty much DONE with my shopping. I have to buy small things for two more people and get stocking stuffers for our babies. That is all. We hit so many more stores than we planned, but it worked out so well for all of us.

We shopped til we couldn't shop no more and then headed to my house to start our wrapping. That's right, we did all our wrapping Saturday night. 6 1/2 hours worth of wrapping. All the kids presents are wrapped, Eli's presents are wrapped, my family's, everything that I had is done. What a relief. And it was done before December 1! Tara got a huge chunk of hers done, but still has some more at her house that she needs to finish up and Kara got what she needed for Christmas here done. And we had a great time doing it all together. We each had our own area and just got to work and listened to Christmas music.

A view of the living room when we first started.
Kara getting to it.
Tara getting organized before digging in.
Me starting with all of Seth's stuff.
Kara's masterpieces.
Tara's huge pile and she wasn't even done yet!
All of mine. It doesn't look like much, but the bags are filled to the brim with wrapped presents. And all my wrapping paper is the same so you can't really distinguish all the boxes in front of the bags. Oh, I didn't wrap Kara and Tara's presents. I didn't want to mess with it while they were there.
We didn't get to bed til after 2am. And let me just say that my belly grew from Thanksgiving (which was just Thursday) to Saturday. We all were freaking out over it. I looked in the mirror and almost passed out because I didn't recognize myself. It is so insane, but I love it. I know I have pictures from Wednesday and Thanksgiving that show my belly, but I totally spaced doing belly shots. I took some Saturday night when we realized how much it had grown, so I might post those tomorrow as my belly shots for last week. I really wish that I would have taken some Thursday morning because of the big difference. I am just happy that Kara got to see it in person rather than through pictures and that she got to feel her sweet niece kicking her hands!

We all slept great that night. We were worn out from our shopping and wrapping. I feel so productive getting the wrapping done. It was so nice having them there and doing it together. We have decided to make it a ritual and do it every year because we enjoyed it so much. I seriously would be lost without my friends!

4 comments:

amanda said...

omg honey!! that looks like soooo much fun :)

think i am going to have to call my bff's tomorrow and schedule some girl time!

Just Jiff said...

Six and a half HOURS? Good lord!

I have my side of the closet FULL of gifts to wrap, but we're STILL tiling.

Mrs. F said...

Dang! I just started my Christmas shopping yesterday! I feel soooo behind already!

TEACHBROECK said...

look at all those gifts!