Friday, December 5, 2008

Last Night

Last night was a first for me. I was super exhausted and laid in bed before 9pm. Before I played Skylar her lullaby, I laid there talking to her. I knew she wasn't sleeping and so I rubbed/poked (LIGHTLY :)!) my belly and all of a sudden she was a baby on crack. She was kicking, punching, rolling around. This made me keep talking to her and every time I would touch my belly, she would continue flipping out. I couldn't help but laugh. It was incredible. I fell even more in love. The more I talked and touched, the more she would move around. This literally went on for like ten minutes. It was so fun, it was so...memorable. I felt close and connected to her. It was great. I finally let her calm down and played her little lullaby for her and we were fast asleep for the night.

Last night I had the most amazing dream. My little girl was here. I was holding her, touching her, playing with her and she was absolutely freaking gorgeous. She had cute little round cheeks, a button nose, dark hair, long legs like her Daddy and I...and just beautiful. I didn't want it to end. The mental image I have is so insanely wonderful.

It has made me even more excited. I know that I still have a few months left but I know how fast a few months can pass. Plus, we ordered her crib and my mom got the bedding and I feel like I need to really start preparing and making sure that I have everything in order before I get too large and uncomfortable and so I am not stressing at the end. I just want to be on top of things and as prepared as I can be. Oh and the other day I got the cutest little saying that we are going to put up on her wall in her room. I am not going to say what it says yet, instead, I will post a picture when we do her room.

3 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

oh, feeling the baby during this part of pregnancy is the best. you're going to miss it, trust me.
As she gets bigger, sometimes her movements won't be so much fun....but right now, I'm assuming that they aren't painful!
:)

I know you're excited to meet & hold her. That's just part of the beauty of this whole pregnancy-growing-a-human-being-thing!

:)I remember that Gage used to sleep a lot during the day when I was moving around, but just as I would lay still at night, he'd wake right up!

Just Jiff said...

I agree with Lainey Painey. This is the best part of pregnancy! And I know *I* miss it!

Bay used to kick me constantly at work and then again at night when I layed down for bed. :) She still kicks her feet constantly. She has strong little legs.

And since your mom delivered early, you definitely want to get things done early and PACK A HOSPITAL BAG.

I had a ton of pj pants (Thank you, Old Navy!) so take socks, a cell phone charger, and a book.

Jodi said...

That is SO sweet Steph!! I'm glad you are so happy!