Sunday, December 7, 2008

And I'm Spent

It has been yet another fabulous weekend. We had out babies which we love so very much. Our festivities started off first thing on Friday by having a BBQ with our buddy and the kids buddy. We had one of the best tri-tips I've ever had. Oh how I love steak! The kids were wild and crazy playing around and then had some snuggle time watching Christmas movies until they were fast asleep.

Saturday, Mima and Papa Tom had asked to do something special with them. My parents absolutely LOVE being grandparents. They adore the crap out of Seth and Swae and I think they might have been more excited then the kids for yesterday's events. My mom took Swae and my little cousin her age to paint pottery. I guess they had a grand old time. My dad took Seth to go ride some rides at our new sport store in town, did the shooting thing they have, fed the ducks, and then went to play at McDonald's Playland. By the time they were brought back to us, they were bouncing off the walls with all the fun that had and they both were talking so fast and at the same time I couldn't keep up with what they were saying. It was so good for them to have that time with my parents.

I have to say that I was super incredibly lost (and so was Eli) yesterday for those couple hours without them. I didn't know what to do with myself. I felt like I went around aimlessly trying to pass the time until our babies were back to play and snuggle with.

We then hung out for a bit and snuggled before it was time for them to meet the other grandparents for a movie. Eli and I had a dinner to go to for one of our friend's birthday and it wasn't a kids event. After being away from them for a couple hours already, we were having a hard time going to dinner without them, but they were so excited to go to the movie, it worked out. We ate at a new steakhouse and had a great time with great company. Eli and I shared a prime rib and some yummy potatoes and salad. While the night could have gone well into the night, we didn't let it and were sure to grab the kiddos and get home.

My morning today started out with a sweet little monkey boy crawling into bed with me and wrapping his arms around me. He then rubbed my neck until we both fell back asleep. It was the sweetest thing. We all slept in and once up, loaded up and were off on our adventure to get our Christmas tree. Our kids are definitely just like just and love being outdoors and off road. We found a beautiful tree and in no time flat, Eli had it chopped down and in the back of the truck. We stopped at one of the best burger joints on the way home for a burger and shakes and then it was home to decorate. I love it. Our house is now so festive. Our tree turned out gorgeous and my parents gave us a bunch of decorations last year and it just looks fabulous in here. Last year we picked up some yard decorations and Eli put them up as well. This is going to be one of the best Christmas's ever.

Now I am just finishing up a few things before the week starts and missing the little ones already. I have pictures that I will post tomorrow once at work. I hope everyone has had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Just Jiff said...

Yay! Sounds like you had a blast!

Decorating for Christmas is my FAVORITE time of year!!

amanda said...

sounds like a wonderful time was had by all :)

i love snuggling in to watch christmas movies!!