Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Little Scare

It started yesterday morning while I was getting ready for work. Out of no where I started having cramps in the lower left of my stomach. It hurt bad...like a super bad period cramp and would go into to my back. This kept happening while I was getting ready. As soon as I was done, I called my boss who told me to try to stay calm and lay down on my left side...so I did. I also told her that Eli would be taking me to the shop with him so that he could be with me and that I would be there until I got a hold of the doctor.

While laying on my left side, I didn't really feel the cramping as much and Skylar was moving around like crazy which made me feel good. But I still was so unsure what was going on. I wasn't contracting...my whole stomach wasn't getting hard or anything...it was an unusual pain. It was just unnerving. It took forever to get the nurse to call me back and once she did she told me to come to the office as soon as I could and they hooked me up to the monitor. Like I have said before, Skylar likes nothing touching my stomach and instantly started kicking. It was amusing to watch the things bounce around from her. And within minutes, her sweet little self had the hiccups. I can't tell you how incredible it was so lay there listening to her little heart beating and her tiny little hiccups. I noticed the more I laid around and was calm and still, the better I felt and there were no cramps...so of course the doctor saw nothing. They then wanted to make sure everything was ok with Skylar and her movement and got me in ASAP for an ultrasound.

I knew that they would see good movement. My little girls is always moving around. We learned a few things from the ultrasound. We learned that my placenta has moved...thank God. We also learned that my cervix looks good. And the last thing we learned is that we can't get a good face shot of my sweetheart because her head is toward the floor super close to my cervix. Not only that, she likes to keep her little hands up at her face. She told me I have an 'anterior placenta' and her position is a good reason why I am still fairly small. If my belly were to grow out more, there might be more of a chance of her moving and them getting a 3D face shot of my little Skylar.

Things are looking good, but they are still worried since I am having the cramping and the pain. They wouldn't let me go to work yesterday and kept me home today as well...even though I have a desk job. I go back to work tomorrow and have to keep in touch with them about how I am feeling. I don't want to be put on bed rest, so I am for sure taking a few steps back and taking it easy. I am just glad that Skylar is ok and that things look good. Now it is just a matter of me taking more of a break and relaxing to keep our angel in a few more months.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh!!! Steph, so glad you and Skylar are okay. Keep us posted. Thinking of you!

Jodi said...

Thank God you are both OK!

Just Jiff said...

Glad you are resting. Take it from me... when they say bed rest...it means no going to Target -- even on one of those motorized scooter cart things. lol.
Glad you're both okay!!

Hugs!

Three Peas said...

We had a similar situation pretty early on in our pregnancy, it is such a scary thing. I'm so glad everything is ok!