Thursday, August 30, 2007

So much pain!

I can't even begin to tell you how sick I am of dealing with neck and back pain almost daily. How do you go from being being healthy, pain-free person who worked out 7 days a week (literally!!!) to dealing with pain on a constant basis?? I honestly wouldn't wish this kind of thing on anyone.

About three and a half years ago I was involved in a 7 car pile up. Lucky for me, I wasn't at fault and didn't suffer any broken bones. However, my car was totalled and I have serious neck and back problems. I was told by the doctors after that with physical therapy and time the pain would go away. HA! The pain hasn't gone away and it hasn't gotten less either. There are some days that are better than others, but there are more days than not that are filled with pain. Some of the pain is tolerable, but then there are times like the last week that are so unbearable to deal with that I want to rip my head off to not feel it anymore. I have done physical therapy and although it helps, there are still bad days. So to me, I felt like I was just pissing money away. The only thing that seems to remotely help me anymore are injections. And while they help, to get them hurts like a son of a bitch and then I get sore from where I am injected. But once that wears off, it does help for awhile.

I am not so sure what flared up the pain this bad this time, but whatever it is, I need to not do it again. When I hurt like this, I get super cranky, quiet, moody and just don't want to deal with anything or anyone. It sucks. This could explain me not even wanting to blog really. I have an appointment next week though for some injections, so hopefully the pain will go away soon.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Ok... the sane person in me can't believe I am about to type this but: Have you tried going to a Chiropractor to see what they think?

I was sooooo ANTI- Chiropractor FOREVER because I thought that they were just QUACKS- but I also had really bad back and neck pain that drove me absolutely NUTS! I went to physical therapy and it never really made the pain go away... FINALLY I was crying in my office one day and my boss MADE me go to her chiropractor- she like FULL ON called him and got me in immediately to see him.. At this point I was like "OK FINE! I WILL TRY ANYTHING!!" So I went and he fooking FIXED ME! I went twice or maybe three times in the first week or two and had a massage and haven't needed to go back since- and that was a year and a half ago!

Now my back is hurting again- but it is due mostly to pregnancy and the extra weight I am carrying around I think... But yeah- it might be worth a shot..

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jeninacide. I was so anti Chiropractor but in this situation where you are in so much pain I would consider it. Everyone I know who goes to them LOVES how great they feel afterwards. I could be an alignment problem caused by the accident. Good Luck!

misguidedmommy said...

yeah so i realize i haven't asked you if you've oh wait...soooo not posting that on here for the peeping tommettes....i'll yahoo you

angie said...

hey there girly...hope you are feeling better soon! maybe going to the chiropractor would help...although maybe you have already tried that?? hmm hopefully next week the injections at least help this bout of pain