Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sad News...

I was chatting on the phone with Kylen this afternoon and we weren't talking about anything in particular and some how much dad got brought up (they work together). In the mix of whatever we were talking about he said, "I didn't know where he was, but then found out he was burying the dog." WHAT??? Did you just say burying a dog? Come to find out after calling my mom, my Papa's dog died on Tuesday. My dad didn't want to tell me over the phone because he knew I would be upset and wanted to tell me when he saw me in person. I guess he didn't think that maybe Kylen would mention it.

I am just so sad. I just brought up thousands and thousands of memories of my Papa. I remember when he got little Tilly as a puppy. Oh the poor thing. I used to smother her. I would dress her up in people clothes and make her do any and everything with me. I was convinced that she knew how to count if you held up your fingers. I later figured out when I was older she just would bark until you gave her a treat. She was such a wonderful dog and oh so loyal to my Papa. I guess I am a little surprised she made it this long without him being around. I know her and the other one that is left were and still are lost without him, just as we all are. I guess now I should be happy to know that they are together.

Just brought back a lot of memories and kills me knowing my Papa is gone. God I miss him...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel to lose a pet. Thinking of you :)

Lainey-Paney said...

sorry...

:(