Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Friday Aug. 3 - Rascal Flatts

This was a day that I had been waiting for since February. My ticket to this concert was a present to myself for Valentine's day. I didn't care that I spent a ton of money on my ticket because I love them and I wanted to be as close as I could be. So when we got row 8, I almost peed my pants! So there were months of anticipation leading up to this very nice. Not to mention, it was the start of a fun weekend with my two best friends.

I got off work, went and grabbed Kara and we went to Buffalo Wild Wings where we could enjoy some yummy boneless wings and a red bull vodka. From there we went up to my parents where my mom and sister were finishing getting ready and where we did some touch ups to ourselves and were on our way! We listened to their CD on the way up there. It was so super nice outside and there was already tons of people there when we got there. My mom was already feeling a pretty good buzz, so she insisted that we keep on drinking...so, we did. We were just about through our first drink there, which was super YUM when Kara's fiance finally met up with us. And of course, we had to get another round. Standing by all the vendors, I ran into a bunch of my friends and actually found out that my close friend, Dawn, was in our same row.

After a few drinks we made it to our seats and were shocked to see how great our seats actually were! The way that they had the stage set up was that VIP was directly in front and was all closed in. Well the part that enclosed them was also stage so that band members could walk around and the one part was like five feet from us! It was amazing. Rascal Flatts puts on a great show and I know that next time they come if they are doing a two night show again, I will for sure get tickets for both nights. It was spectacular. I can't wait to post pictures. The lighting, the energy, the music...absolutely great. Not to mention, once the stupid security stopped being douchebags, we were able to stand next to the stage and that is when we were touched by the band members shaking our hands!!! It was incredible. We were yelling and screaming so much that my voice started cracking. It was hysterical.

My sister and my mom had a blast. I was so happy to share it with them and we actually got an awesome picture of the three of us. The three of us never really do much together and lately, I haven't spent much time with my mom. Them coming was a surprise from my dad. My sister looked absolutely gorgeous and my mom was so much fun to hang out with.

HAHAHAHAA!!!! I almost forgot. When we were walking out of the concert, we wanted a group picture and were trying to find someone sober enough to take it so it turned out good. I got to talking (I think to Kara) and when I turned around I saw my little sister talking to some dude. I about flipped the fuck out. I walked up and pushed him away from her and said, "Don't be talking to my little sister!!!" My sis about died. She was like, "Sis, I was asking him to take our picture for us." I couldn't help but start laughing. I have never been so protective of her in my life and was ready to beat this guy down for looking at her and talking to her. I said sorry and told him I just care about her and he took our picture. My sister still laughs about it and brings it up constantly!

We didn't get out of there til late and I didn't end up getting to the house until after midnight. I was so tired and knew I had an early morning coming with packing for the trip and trying to spend as much time as possible with Eli and the kids that I just went right to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a funny story! I would have loved to see the look on his face!

angie said...

Wait till she gets a boyfriend you don't like...the poor girl will want to crawl into a hole!!!