Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Love the Outdoors!

This weekend was pretty chill. Friday night was spent going to dinner with Eli's parents and then we went and got a couple movies and had "our" time after. So nice just hanging out with him after a long ass week. Saturday, he randomly told me that we should go spot lighting and take a quad and camp. I was so excited! I love camping and doing that kind of stuff. Not to mention, we were going to one of my most favorite places ever...Paradise Valley up where my family's cabin is (where I spent the 4th of July). We packed up and left town. We stopped in Winnemucca for a few things and dinner. We at at an amazing Basque restaurant. I love that you get wine with the meal!!! That is my kind of place to eat! Then we headed to the mountains. It was gorgeous. We took some time to get some things set up and then went out for a night of shooting. The next morning was super rough, but after our hangovers were nursed, we were off on a ride.


This place is seriously so beautiful. It is very dry right now and all the creeks are dry for the most part. But it is still just amazing. Usually the hillsides are covered in wild flowers.


It was nice just to be out and away, just the two of us.


We drove by my families cabin. This is one of my favorite vacations. Up there, you have nothing to worry about except for what you are going to eat next and when you are going to take a nap. It is seriously just like heaven.


Just some more of the sights up there. Could you imagine waking up to this every day???


We had such a great time and still got some rest in. It is weekends like that, that I truly enjoy and cherish. I love just packing up and going and experiencing. Plus, going to paradise is always a great thing!

5 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

mmm basque food. i think angie maybe used to work there..but can't remember

Lainey-Paney said...

what's spot lighting?
what's a quad?

what?

angie said...

yes I did used to work there!!!! YUMMINESS! I love love love basque food (in case you didn't get that me and shannon are basque) I love Paradise...I have to say that I spent the best birthday ever there with a boyfriend in high school...it's such a cute little place!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful landscapes! How relaxing! I'm jealous I'm surrounded by brick mountains...buildings everywhere! lol

Anonymous said...

I have a question does Basque refer to the Vascos in Spain? Google wasn't clearing up for me. I was curious b/c my father's ancestors are Vascos of Spain.

I really should do some of that family tree lookup.