Wednesday, August 15, 2007

How Would You Handle It?

Say for example you share an office with three people. One of them is a full time employee, the other is a student. Let's just say that the day has been going on rather nice and carefree, but you realize that the office is quiet. For some reason, there is no music on which is not normal. So you reach over and flip your radio on. Then you notice within SECONDS that your office mate who isn't a student flips on hers as well only after you turned yours on and has made sure to turn it up so you now hear not only yours, but hers as well. What the hell do you do? Do you ask her to turn it down? Do you just not say anything because you don't want to cause problems?

Let's just say that you listen to her radio almost every day and you listen to the same station each day. That means you are hearing the same song over and over and over and it really does start to get old no matter how much you may like the station or the songs. Wouldn't you think one day of having another station on wouldn't be a bad thing, but a nice change?!?!?!?

What would you say to your office mate if this were you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would first make my radio louder! And keep my eye on her for a reaction. Either she raises her volume again or says something. Yes childish but I would still do it.
Or I think I would just say "Hey,can we listen to my radio today? Let's switch up the stations every other day." I guess that would be the mature thing to do. Thank God I don't share an office I don't think I could handle it. Good Luck!

Jen said...

Yeah I would just ask her if it was ok if you just listen to one station at a time... She's weird.

angie said...

I would say can we listen to another station or my station today? and if she said no I would also turn up my radio like Patty!

Anonymous said...

I'd say something about how we both like to listen to the radio and maybe we should either have an every-other-day thing--or, better yet, get earphones so we can both listen to our own stations. I'd ask her which she'd prefer (this tactic is good for toddlers).

Oh, do you mean what I would ACTUALLY do? I'd turn off my radio because I hate hearing clashing stations, and then I'd simmer resentfully, getting angrier and angrier until I had to quit my job to get away from that bitch.