Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Park City - Day 1

Saturday Aug. 4:

I woke up Saturday morning tired from being out late from the concert, but excited for the adventure. I also was happy to be cuddled by the precious Swae who informed me that I didn't need to go and needed to stay home with them. She is too cute. I finished packing and took my shower and was ready to go. The morning was spent trying to spend as much time with the kids and Eli and having Swae break my heart. She made sure to give me a couple of her rings to take with me so that I could think about her. I don't do well leaving people or having people leave me even if I know it is for a day or four. I just don't do good. In fact, I had a minor break down before we even left the house for the airport. I am such a baby.

The ride to the airport was very quiet. I was full of a million different emotions and I couldn't really grasp any of them. I mean, how can you be so excited to go away with your best friends for four days and be so sad and torn at the same time. So much of me when we got to the airport wanted to make up an excuse not to go on the trip, but then I realized I was just being crazy. I just don't do good leaving people. I gave the kids a ton of kisses, finally pried myself away from Swae's hug, and said my goodbyes to Eli. So funny I had such a hard time doing it even though I knew it would just be for a few days. I sat there choked up for a good solid ten minutes after I watched him drive away.

About ten minutes after I was dropped off, Kara and Tara arrived. We went in and got our boarding passes and were on our way to go find our gate. We didn’t have that much time before we boarded and there were already a few people waiting in line to board, so we jumped in line and sat on our suitcases and just talked about how excited we were to be going and then how much we missed our men. Yes, we are all lame like that. It happens. We board the plan and instantly plan that we are going to drink a Bloody Mary on our way from Reno to Las Vegas since Kara had the little coupon things. I was shocked at how strong the damn things were. I was gagging just to get it down. I think one of the funniest things was Tara went to grab her camera to take a picture and when she did, she spilled a little of her drink on Kara’s lap. Alright, might now be funny right now, but it will be a little later.



This is us on the plane (me, Kara, Tara).

Before we knew it, we were in Vegas. We get off the plane and instantly head into the little bar and order up some yummy margaritas and nachos. Kara was the only smart one who had eaten anything before leaving Reno. We didn’t have long before our next flight but figured nachos are easy to make and shouldn’t take too much time, so we would be safe. Not so much. Before we were even a quarter of the way into our drink, it was time for us to be out in line and get ready to board. So we ask our super cute (not hot, but personality cute) waitress for our nachos to go, got a to-go up for our margarita and head to the gate. As we are standing in line I put the nachos down on my suitcase and we were chatting away. Next thing we knew, the line was moving. Kara handed me her drink, I was trying to hold both of our drinks and my suitcase and move in line when all of a sudden the nachos start to fall, I go to grab them forgetting I have TWO drinks in my hand and part of a drink spills down Kara’s ass. Yes, now I am rolling because this is the second drink spilled on her and we aren’t even to Park City and we are only TWO drinks in! She took it like a champ though and grabbed her drink and I picked up the nachos. Good thing they were in a good container or they would have been everywhere!

Everyone should keep in mind that at this point we are standing in line with a bunch of Mormon’s (I have no problem with Mormons!!!) and they don’t really see drinking as my friends and I do. So we had some that were looking at us like we were nuts and others that were laughing it up at the good time we seemed to be having. They wouldn’t let us on the plane with our drinks, so we had to sit right by the guy and try to chug them. Freezing ass cold margaritas don’t go down all that well. All they manage to do is give you a really bad brain freeze!

I was feeling a little bit “buzzed” as I sat down for the flight to Salt Lake City and was very thankful for the yummy nachos that we had brought along with us. We had numerous people make comments of how we smelled up the entire plane of your yummy little feast. I am not lying, these were by far the best damn nachos that I had ever eaten. I actually still crave them now they were so freaking good. We were through eating them before the plane started moving and I was asleep before we even left the ground. When I woke, we were just landing in Salt Lake and I was quite happy that I missed the flight. Flying isn’t one of my most favorite things.

Off the plane we were on our way to get our rental car. This trip had been planned for months and months and the rental car booked for that long as well. The guy at the car place seemed to be a little nervous with the three of us standing there and Tara drilling him on where a good place to go drinking was in Utah. She is so funny some times. He starts to hand Kara the keys and said, “Ok, so you will have a silver PT Cruiser…” and before he could finish Kara totally cut him off. “Um, do you have anything else?” and starts laughing. “This is a way cute car for you girls.” HA! Yeah right. Kara argues with him and the only way we could get another vehicle to drive was if we paid like $20 extra a day or something like that. So we settled for the “PT Loser” as shown below.


We jumped in our little ugly car and headed off to Park City. The drive was short…thankfully since the stupid radio stations weren’t coming in and there really wasn’t anything good to listen too. We all forgot to bring CD’s. Once there, we picked up Debbie, who is married to Paul’s (Kara’s fiancĂ©) godfather and she took us to the condo they were putting us in for our trip. I couldn’t believe they were paying for us to stay there, but was very thankful because that little city is very expensive.

We about died when we walked in. This condo was absolutely wonderful. It was two bedrooms, three bath, a full living room, full kitchen, balcony that you can get to from the living room and also one of the rooms. The other room had its own little mini balcony. And one of the bathrooms had a jacuzzi tub. It was awesome. We didn’t spend much time there because we were going on a big group dinner outing and only had time to put our bags down and change. Then off we went.

We went to this really fun restaurant on Main Street and drank wine and had yummy appetizers and food. The food was delicious. I had yummy chesse ravioli’s and lots and lots of wine. The wine selection was super delicious. We seriously were there just drinking and talking for like two hours. After Kara, Tara, and I went on a journey to find us some where to have a drink. We go to walk into No Name Saloon (that is really the name) and are instantly asked if we have a membership. Yes, that’s right. You have to pay a membership to get into a bar before you pay to drink. So crazy how it all works. We say we have one and walk right in. We ordered one drink there and realized that wasn’t a fun enough place to be and started walking a little further down Main Street. That is when we see a place called Harey-O’s and we go in. It was pretty dead and so we walked around checking it out since it is so different than Reno and as soon as it started getting busy, girls got on stage and on the bar and started dancing in little booty shorts or shirts and bikini tops. We had a few drinks and then called it a night. We were tired from traveling and figured it was time for some rest.

Day 1 was done and I was so thankful to be going to sleep…I was exhausted.

(the next two days are going to take me a little bit to write…)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Ok I haven't even read your post yet and I just wanted to say YAY that you are posting pics on your blog now! It is so fun for your readers! I love pictures...I know, big news, right? :)

Lainey-Paney said...

Okay...when we were in Savannah, they stuck us in a PT Cruiser.

When we went to Utah last Spring, they had us in a teeny weeny car...it was an Aveo. Driving up to Deer Valley from SLC, we basically had to BEG the little car up the mountain.
So...it could have been worse.