Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wonderful Christmas

This Christmas was by far the most wonderful yet, but also the most unusual. I got to spend Christmas Eve with my family, which I am always thankful to do. We had good food, yummy drinks, and played some games. Just having everyone together at the same time is a huge gift. Christmas morning was fun. This year it was just the two of us because the kids were with their mom, so we exchanged our gifts together in our new home. It was very sweet and really was such a great feeling to be with the man that I love in our house on Christmas morning. We then rushed up to my parents house to be with them. My sister was all sorts of sad that I didn't stay Christmas Eve with her, but happy that when she got up, I was there. We opened gifts and then had breakfast. It was so nice and relaxing.

Next we were off to his parents house. This was the part that was unusual for me. I have never not been with my family on Christmas. I know I was with them in the morning, but it was so weird leaving to go to another house without them. However, it was still a wonderful afternoon. We got the kids early which was so nice and we were both so very thankful for that. The afternoon was spent opening gifts, eating yummy food, playing games, and just enjoying being with each other. I was very happy when my parents showed up. They came to see the kids on Christmas and to give them their gifts.

The whole day was amazing...everything about it. I loved playing "Santa" and I loved more than anything just spending time with the people that I love. It really couldn't have been any better.

2 comments:

kat said...

Happy "belated" Christmas. That sounded like a lot of fun. I love playing games at Christmas. It is sort of a tradition at our place now.

Valley Girl said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!