Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Extremely Worried

My beautiful sister:



There is something wrong with my sister, but they don't know what it is yet. For some time now she has been getting super bad headaches...not migraines though. But these headaches totally knock her on her ass. It is so sad. The poor girl is 16 and they happen at least once a week. When the problem first started, we thought maybe that her prescription had changed and so she got her eyes checked. Well, it hadn't changed, so that couldn't be the problem. Just last week, mom took her to the doctor and the doctor told my sister to take some kind of pill or something, but to get an MRI just in case.

Well, the sweet angel had to stay home from school, again, today. Her head hurt so bad that she was crying and didn't want my mom to go to work. You know she is sick when that happens! Today was her MRI and so now, it is just a waiting game. I am scared to death. I am so worried. She is so young and I just pray and hope that there isn't something seriously wrong with her.


It seriously scares the living shit out of me right now and my poor sister is trying to be so strong and act like it's not bothering her. But I know better. She always tries to act like she doesn't care or she isn't hurting even though inside she is torn up. I just wish that it wasn't her. That it was me instead. She shouldn't have to deal with the pain or the anxiety.


I just hope that it isn't something serious and that we don't really have to wait until Monday like the tech said to my mom and sister today. I hate waiting. But I am so ready for my sister not to have the painful headaches that she does and just to be a happy teenager.
I love you little Boo!!!!

8 comments:

Valley Girl said...

Oh my. I can't even imagine what that must be like to deal with at her age. Your sister is a strong young lady. I'll keep her in my thoughts. Hope everything turns out ok. Please keep us posted!

Sabrina said...

Just the thought of anything bad happening to any one of my sisters is enough to bring me to tears. I am so sorry your family is going through such a tough thing. I sincerely hope everything is fine and you get good news soon.

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, I'll be praying for her!
Keep us posted!!!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I am so sorry that your sister is going through this. I hope you get the MRI results soon. I can imagine how worried you are...I feel for you. I will keep your sister in my prayers. Keep me posted.
Lots of love - Patty

angie said...

I hope they figure out what is wrong...I hate waiting especially when it has to do with someone's health! There is really no reason to sit and wait...you know they get the results right then and then just have to wait for a doctor to come read them to you...ugh keep us posted!!

Lindz said...

I'll be thinking of you guys. On the up-side, I sometimes suffer from the same thing, migraines or just bad head aches when I am stressed out, on my period etc. Also, could be a kink in her neck or something. Chriopractors work miracles. Good luck, think positive thoughts!

Stephanie said...

I just want to thank all of your for your kind words and support. I truly appreciate it and will for sure let you all know what we find out.

Thanks for all the good thoughts!

Megan said...

Have you found out yet? Hope all is okay. Have been praying for your sister!