Friday, December 28, 2007

Sad but Happy

It's a little bit of a sad day today. A lady that I have worked with (and absolutely adore) since I was 17, is retiring. I am so happy for her because this is truly a blessing for her and will be so good for her. But at the same time, it is quite sad. It is going to be so weird not having her around anymore. I really have a hard time imagining coming to work, walking in, and not having her smiling self say good morning. Or come down the hall and give me a kiss because she is after all, my mother hen!

To celebrate her retirement, we are taking her to lunch. I love Mexican food, so we are very lucky! From there, I will say my goodbyes and then be on my way to spend the rest of the day doing my own thing. I haven't taken any time for myself in a while, so I am taking this afternoon to do some things that I have been putting off.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! I can't believe it's almost 2008!!!

2 comments:

kat said...

Oh that sucks. Hope you still had a nice time at her leaving do :).

Happy New Year!

Lainey-Paney said...

Hope you have a Happy New Year!
...sorry your friend is retiring.
:(