Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Spirit

I am starting to really get in the Christmas spirit. It actually sort of started last weekend when we got our tree, but really kicked in last night. We took the kiddos to Grandma and Papa's and they got to decorate their tree. She also got a bunch of clear ornaments and some fun pens and everyone got to decorate their own. Such a simple idea, but so damn cute. And something that you will have for years to come. Being as I am not the craftiest of people, I only made one, but it turned out very cute and it is a "family" one and dated.

Then we just had our Christmas party at work. It is so nice having everyone get all together for good food and just a good time. Everyone was just so happy and in a good mood and festive. I never really realize how many people work in our department until get togethers like this. It is amazing how many people work every day that you never see.

And this weekend, I think we are going to be doing some Christmas shopping. We just have to buy some little things for each of our family and then we are done. Now I just need to get my butt in gear and get everything wrapped. I can't wait for the family to be all together again and sharing a great time. This has been the best year for holiday's yet with the three special people that I have in my life and their great family that I get to embrace as mine. I am one lucky girl!

2 comments:

Valley Girl said...

You are lucky!

Jayla'sMommy said...

Have fun Christmas shopping!!!!!
We were so busy that we haven't even put up the tree yet. And yesterday I was like "Holy crap, Christmas is in less than 2 weeks and we don't even have our tree up yet..." so we're doing that this weekend ;)