Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sister

My sister called me after her appointment with the neurologist. At first I thought that she was crying, but then realized that she was just hurting due to her head. I was so anxious to hear what she found out and what the neurologist had to say. The neurologist doesn't "think" that there is anything seriously wrong with her. He thinks that she is just suffering from hereditary migraines. Crazy to me that they just all of a sudden started happening. I know that people get them, I just didn't realize that they happened so frequently.

So she was given some sort of nose spray that she is to take if she wakes up at night and feels a headache coming on. Then she was given a pill to take for when she feels one coming on during the day. And the was given yet another pill to take every day.

I guess I am happy that he thinks it is just migraines. It is just so very sad to me still that the sweet thing has to deal with such crap at a young age. I am very, very thankful that it isn't something life threatening or anything like that. I am just hoping the pills and nose spray really help her out so that the headaches aren't so often or near as bad. At least now, we can all rest at ease finally.

3 comments:

angie said...

So glad that it isn't anything super serious. Still, just knowing they are migraines sucks for her because so far it doesn't seem like the medicine is helping her much so she is still dealing with them!! But better than something horrible!!

Sabrina said...

I'm so sorry your sister has to live with so much pain. I really hope the pills and spray give her some relief. I can't even imagine what it must be like to have to suffer like that all the time. Hope she's feeling better soon!

Lindz said...

I'm telling you I've been there and it is really managable once they give you the right stuff. In fact, I am blogging with a numbed migraine right now.