Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend stuff & Sister stuff

Well, we didn't get the Christmas shopping done that I thought we might. But that is ok. We still have part of this week and an evening this weekend. Nothing like waiting til the last minute. This is the worst I have put it off yet. But that is what happens when you have a new house and oh so many bills. Well worth it and it will all get done, I have faith. I was starting to stress though last night. I have to get the presents for the kids wrapped and we only have tonight, Sunday night and Christmas Eve that I can do it. And Christmas Eve we are busy, so I am really looking at just two nights. I seriously can't even begin to express how excited I am for Christmas this year. It is going to be the best yet!

The weekend was a good one. On Friday night, I sent the boyfriend and his best friend to a concert and I had "girl" time with my good friend, Dawn. Tara stopped by for a little bit too, but seeing Dawn and talking and catching up with her was just awesome. She is just a genuine friend and one that I am so thankful and glad to have. We don't have to talk every week and see each other all the time and yet, we are still able to pick up right where we left off. And really, she cracks my ass up. She really is one of those people that comes off as so sweet and innocent, but really...she isn't! She is probably more sassy than I am and can have just as much attitude. I love it!

The rest of the weekend, Eli and I just spend together. Saturday was a relaxing day. We went to lunch together and then went up to my parents house. My sister had her Christmas Ball dance that night and wanted me to come help her. I played it off that I wouldn't be able to make it (guess she even pouted to mom about it), so when I showed up, she freaked out. It was so cute. Her, her best friend, and my cousin all got ready together. It was so fun listening to them and watching them. I couldn't help but think back to all the dances that I have gotten ready for. She looked so beautiful. And Eli was such a trooper listening to all the girl chatter, hair and make-up doing.

My sister and her best friend. Her friend is the sweetest thing ever and the two of them have so much fun together!
My sister, her friend, and my cousin. They all look so pretty!!!

Here are the cousins...stupid camera! So many of the pictures I took turned out blurry. Pisses me right off! Oh well, you can still see how gorgeous they are!

After the getting ready and getting the girls off to their dance, Eli and I went to dinner and then got a movie and just snuggled on the couch. Snuggling is the best time!

Yesterday we slept in, went to lunch with his parents and then got a couple drinks before going to watch another basketball game. Again, we had so much fun and are planning on going again. It is nice that we are able to enjoy stuff like that together. Then it was home, I cooked some dinner and then off to bed to be refreshed for this week.

Overall, it was a nice weekend. The next two weekends are going to be crazy busy for us. I will update you as they come!

2 comments:

Lindz said...

Damn! It's straight crazy how much dresses change in so little time :)

angie said...

The girls look really cute!! I'm glad you were able to help her get ready and stuff...I always wanted my sister around to help me too!