Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thoughtful

I have never been a girl who gets all excited over flowers or expects them or anything. Could that be because I have never been with anyone worth while? More than likely. Nonetheless, I am still like that. I get asked all the time about this kind of thing and I always answer that flowers aren't really my thing. I am just not like that. I am not into presents all the time or being super pampered. Don't get me wrong, little things here are nice as long as they come from the heart. If I were to get flowers all the time, then there wouldn't be any joy and surprise when I do get them.

With that being said, Eli does simple little things for me all the time to let me know that he loves and cares about me. I have gotten roses a couple of times which were very much appreciated and all too cute.

Last night I got a text from him a little before 5pm saying that he would be leaving work at 5pm and that he loves me. I was absolutely freezing for some reason (could be that the heat was off all day and I was waiting for the house to warm up...), so I crawled in bed and snuggled and just waited for him to get him. He comes in and walks in to find me and first thing out of his mouth was, "What the fuck happened to your truck??" I looked at him like he was an alien.

Me: "Nothing happened to it. What are you talking about?"

Him: "Um, there is a six inch dent in the front of it by your wheel well."

Me: "No there isn't. I didn't see it."

Him: "You never notice anything and yes there is. What did you do? What happened?"

Me: "Are you serious???"

Him: "Yes, I just ran my finger along it."

Me: "I didn't do anything." -at this point I am about to cry, I hate when stuff like that happens-

He comes over and hugs and kisses on me and then I decide that it is time to go and check out this dent that I didn't notice that he is all upset over. I walk to the garage door, breath a heavy sigh, open the door....AND...on the hood of my truck are beautiful flowers. It was such a nice, wonderful surprise. I turned around and hugged him and then had to hit him for scaring me that there was a dent in my truck. They are seriously so pretty. Have a look!
The picture is a little blurry, but you can see how beautiful they are! I think they are so pretty. I couldn't stop smiling. He is so good about doing the little things at just the right time and letting me know that he loves me. I definitely am spoiled that is for sure.

We were supposed to go to another basketball game last night, but it ended up that neither one of us were in the mood to be around other people. Instead, we wanted to be alone - after all, the flowers really seemed to start to heat things up! So we shared a nice evening alone. ;)

No comments: