Friday, November 2, 2007

Hunting

My sister drew her first deer tag this year. She was so excited. I come from a family of hunters. Everyone hunts and even the young girls are getting into it. My cousin who is a year younger than my sister got her second deer this year. My sister has always gone on the hunts, but has never put in for her own tag for the first time and was lucky enough to draw. She spent hours and hours practicing shooting. And let me tell you, that girl is a good shot.

We went two weeks ago...the weekend of the 19th. My parents and her left early Thursday morning with my grandpa. I didn't go til Friday morning because I didn't want to take too much time off work. Her tag was in the Rubies which are right outside Elko. I have never been there before, but have heard how gorgeous it is from Kylen because his family has a house there. So finally, I got my chance to go. I rode there with my aunt, uncle, and cousin. It was a long drive, but once there, it was all worth it.

This is what I saw when we got there Friday night looking over Ruby Valley. It was so beautiful!

Another angle of the valley from where we were staying.

Here is my dad and my papa going over hunting tactics. My dad is my favorite person ever and my papa is awesome! He is so smart when it comes to hunting since he has been doing it so long that you learn so much from him.

Here is my mom and my aunt doing breakfast dishes after the morning hunt.

Me and my papa getting ready to go up on the hill to spot for my sister. We saw a crazy amount of deer!

Oh yes, that is snow that you see. It snowed off and on ALL damn day on Saturday. It was crazy insane. But oh so beautiful seeing it up on the mountains and the way it made the valley look.

My uncle and papa...always talking hunting. It's so funny to be around these guys on hunting trips.

Here is the sunset from Saturday night. It is pretty, but not as pretty as how it really was standing outside, not seeing it as a picture. (Megan, you were my inspiration on my scenery pictures)

And this is the mountain Sunday morning after the snow on Saturday. Oh so freaking beautiful!!! I would love to have a place in the Rubies. This place was literally breath taking in so many ways. To look at this picture and then know first hand how many animals are up there and around there is just amazing. The experience was awesome.

Here is my beautiful sister. She didn't get her deer. I felt so bad for her because she cried and felt like a failure. This was a hard area for her to hunt. There were so many hunters in the area and they screwed up EVERY situation for her. Not to mention, she is short and to stand and shoot and get a good shot with there being brush...not gonna happen. But she had fun and she learned a lot. I was so thankful I was able to be there with her. She is such an amazing person and a great sister. I just love her!

Dad and Uncle Mike cleaning stuff up before we head home. That house (doesn't even show half of it), is where we stayed.

Another view of the valley before we left for home.


The trip was amazing. I love spending time with my family. And I love to be outdoors. I so love beautiful places. I wish I would have got better pictures of how many different colors there were on the mountains with all the changing leaves. It was so serene that you could just sit outside, even with it being freezing and just look at your surrounding. The time away came at a much needed time and is something I will keep with me forever.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Oh gosh your pictures are beautiful.

And you hunt? CRAZY!!

My cousin is a girl hunter and like I said CRAZY!! You go girl way to repre-sent.

angie said...

Great scenery pictures!! I am going to go chuckar hunting for my first time this weekend...I hope I have fun!!