Wednesday, November 14, 2007

First Award!!!!



I have been awarded by Patty! My very first one. I feel so special. What a great way to start my day! Thanks girl!!! I feel very privileged. Since reading Patty, I have learned so much and have found someone that I have a lot in common with. She is such a wonderful, caring, big hearted person. I have gained a friend and am truly inspired by her and love so much the advice she gives me and the kind words that she shares.

Shameless says: Those people I've given this award to are encouraged to post it on their own blogs; list three things they believe are necessary for good, powerful writing; and then pass the award on to the five blogs they want to honour, who in turn pass it on to five others, etc etc. Let's send a roar through the blogosphere!

The 3 things I think are necessary for writing are:

1) Honesty - you have to be able to be honest about things that are happening in your life and be able to share that with others and not censor it just for your readers. You need to be able to accept all that happens in your life and be able to share freely. I have found through my blog that I am able to be a more honest person and not try to hide the things that go on just so that people don't judge me. Judge me or not, I am who I am.

2) Humor - I find there are so many things that go on in my life that make me laugh and I just hope that by writing, I am able to bring a smile to other people's faces. Without laughter, life wouldn't be all that fun at all. It is healthy to laugh at yourself and it's nice to find humor when reading other people.

3) Openness - the more open you are, the more people are able to connect with you and enjoy reading what you write. They are able to relate, emphasize, and sympathize. Not to mention, you are viewed as a real person that not only has good times, but their fair share of bad times.

Now I get to hit 5 people:

1) Jen from Lost in Translation - she is a wonderful person and I enjoy reading her all the time. The way that she expresses herself is unlike anyone else I have ever read. I love reading about all her past experiences and even more enjoy reading about her life as it is happening.

2) Angie from Faith Trust and Pixie Dust - a new friend and someone that always has something positive to say no matter how shitty my situation. She just got engaged and her posts have been great to read. I am looking forward to all the wedding planning.

3) Megan from Yellow Polka Dotted Slugs - I enjoy reading Megan. She is someone that is so heartfelt and loves her family and friends so much. She shows so much compassion in her writing and I love it. Plus, she takes awesome pictures!! :)

4) Lindsey from Adventures of Lindz, in high heels of course - I really enjoy reading her writing. I love the way that she expresses herself and I welcome all advice and comments that come from her.

5) Babba from Babba Unknown - She has had a lot going on in her life and the fact that she is opening up and willing to share her story is very respectable. I am so happy that she is getting her life back on track and all is going well.

4 comments:

Lindz said...

Thank you yay yay yay!

angie said...

Yay!! Thanks Steph this is officially my first award too!!

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet! XOXO

Jen said...

Ahh! Thanks! I so need to catch up! I am waaaaay behind on all my blogs!

: )