Friday, March 9, 2007

Less Alcohol

I am beginning to think that I need to stop drinking so much thanks to both Shannon and Ginger pointing it out at dinner last Friday at Moxie's. I wouldn't say that I am an alcoholic by any means, because well, I just don't think that I am. I do however have at least one drink almost every night. I guess some might think that is a sign of an alcoholic, but I don't. Anyhow, that doesn't matter. What matters is, I really am just not feeling good about myself and my health in general. I keep saying I need to work out, but that doesn't happen. I will give myself some credit because I have been eating so much more healthy. I have cut back on the snacks (chocolate included) and am really trying to reach for healthy things when I get hungry. In fact, I don't even eat fast food (and the night after 210 doesn't count!). So with the whole eating better, I should probably limit my alcohol intake so I am not just filling myself with stupid calories that I don't need. Water would be a much better choice. So that is my plan. I will only drink when there is a reason...like a social gathering or something like that. And I will stop having my free drink after work.

Think I can do it??

2 comments:

Chris Walker said...

If you're an alcoholic I'm fucking dead. The end.

Jen said...

Dude! I do NOT think that having a drink after work is an issue AT ALL!! In fact, doctors say that 1-2 alcoholic beverages a day really isn't that bad for you. It is only bad for you if you drink more than that daily.

I have to admit that my drink after work is something that I LOVE!! to unwind, but it isn't something I couldn't live without if I had to... Ugh. I'm cutting back too tho. Empty calories is what it is!