Wednesday, March 28, 2007

How the hell am I going to be a parent...

I brought my puppy to work today. He is by far the cutest little thing. He is definitely a little people at heart. He sleeps in bed, under the covers, head on the pillow...whole 9 yards. Well, his little nails are super long and I don't like to clip them, so I asked my co-worker to do it since she is like expert in this. Rusty is so good. He will just lay there while you do it, but if you go to short, he yelps and sounds like he is being killed. So I sat next to him and rubbed his little belly as she was doing his toes and watched and she wouldn't even go too short and he seriously started yelping and crying. Holy shit. My heart and stomach still hurt. He is totally fine, but I just can't take it. It was killing me thinking that he was in pain.

I can't imagine what it is like to be a mom to a real baby and have them get hurt. If I feel like this over a dog...I will be a mess as a mom.

I suck.

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

YES it is super duper hard when your child is sick or hurt. I remember the first time my cat got stung by a Bee before I had Brandon. I was a nervous wreck. Amplify that by 43349398498980er98 and you are a mom. Its shitty. But, the fact that you care means you will be a great super duper mom.

Ginger said...

Trust me I understand! Last summer after a long day at the lake (at like midnight) my dog came in my bedroom and was whining and crying and had her tail between her legs. Something was definately wrong. I freak out thinking she has been bit by something or was having some strange crazy thing go wrong with her so I tried calling my parents (no answer), my sister (no answer) and then I sat there on my kitchen floor freaking out when I decided to take her to the 24 hour emergency vet. Thankfully I stepped back for a second and called first and told them what was happening. The first question they has asked was "Is your dog a swimmer?" Of course, my dog can't stay out of water. "Has she been swimming a lot today?" Yes, all day...Anyways, the emergency vet girl told me that it was "swimmers tail" and would go away in a day or two. It was pretty much equivalent to us pulling a muscle and I could give her something for the pain if I wanted but she would be fine. My heart dropped when I thought something was wrong with my baby...it's crazy how attached you can get to some furry little creature that makes a mess of your house and car and cost you a lot of money...then again babies probably aren't that different in certain aspects!