Thursday, March 8, 2007

Clumsy

So yesterday I am leaving work to go up to our other office and I was in a hurry and on the phone and kinda stressing. I am so used to just going about my business that I don't really pay attention. It is like breathing, it just comes natural. I go out the same door every day, walk up and down the same stairs. Seems mindless. Ha! Not yesterday. I was walking into the parking garage where there are TWO (yes, only two) steps down before you have to go to the right and go up a flight of stairs. Somehow I managed to miss a step and there was no way I was going to catch myself. In my left hand I was carrying my purse and some paperwork and in the right was my cell phone that I was talking on. I reached out with my right hand to the wall, but couldn't catch myself cause my hand was full and started to go face first into it. I was smart enough to look up and only have my chin scrape the wall and someone marked up my hand and scratched my cell phone up. I couldn't believe it. In a split second I was on the ground thinking to myself, "How the fuck did this just happen!?!" It did hurt like hell, but I was tough. I continued my phone conversation and just watched my hand bleed. It was great.

I did keep pondering why that happened and the only thing I could come up with was that I was being negative toward and about the girl that started shit at work. I am very negative about the whole thing and still really bitter, but I shouldn't be talking shit. So Karma bit me in the ass. Luckily I only have one war wound and my face isn't bloody. My chin isn't really even scratched. It is bruised, but not a bruise you can see.

Oh and since you are supposed to ask if I am ok before you can laugh, I am fine, so laugh away.

No comments: