Friday, March 30, 2007

Questions & Answers

Ok, so here are my interview questions that Shannon asked me. If you want to play along, email me or comment me and I will send you questions for you to fill out. Hope y'all learn something about me.

1. Why did you choose the college degree you chose?

Ha, that is a good one. I actually went into college wanting to get a degree in Biochemistry because I loved it in high school and thought I would go to med school and become a Pediatrician (since I love kids). Then I realized how hard Biochemistry was and was going to just do Biology. Well that wasn't very fun for me either. All the while, I was taking psychology class after psychology class and loving it. The more school I did, the more I realized that going to med school wasn't appealing to me at all. I just wanted to be done. Then one of my friends and I decided that we should do nursing school. I had every class that I needed and then didn't apply for some unknown reason. After that semester, they changed the requirements and I had to take some other classes and that is when I realized that I was three classes away from graduating with my Psychology degree. At that point, I was just wanting to get out of school and realized that I obviously loved all my psych classes since I had great grades in every class and went for it. The big problem now is just figuring out what I am going to do now in grad school.

2. Why do you think you are so quick to please now?

I wouldn't say that I am quick to please people now. More than anything, I just like when others are happy because it makes me happy. If I care about you and like you, I will do whatever I can for you and to help with your happiness. I have a really hard time letting people down and disappointing people. That could be from me knowing what it feels like to have someone you care about let you down or disappoint you or be unhappy. I want to be a great friend is pretty much what is boils down too. I have always had a hard time pushing people out of my life even if I knew it would be for the best for me. I don't know if any of that makes sense or answers your question...

3. Are there currently ANY guys in your life you can see a future with? If no why are they still in your life?

Honestly, no. I don't think that I have really any guys in my life. I do have a couple guys that I talk to, but nothing that is serious at all. As for the guy from the bar, there is nothing there. He has been fun to flirt with, but I don't see him as anything other than a player and so couldn't give him a chance. As for the coaching guys, I just coach with them. Both have turned out to be good friends and are ok with the fact that I don't want to date them. I just am not into them. So I guess I have kept talking to these people because I like the friendship and there is no reason to really stop talking to them.

4. What caused you to make such a drastic personality change after high school?


Oh gosh, I saw this one coming. Drastic change? Hardly. I was the same up until like a couple years ago. I think that the reason I was the way that I was, was to protect myself. I didn't want to actually show how sensitive I can really be because it makes you vulnerable. And let's face it, kids in high school are ruthless! I sit here and think why I was the way that I was and there is really no explaining it. It wasn't until I met Kara in high school and she was so different than the people that I had grown up with and been around that I realized that I wanted to change and be not only a better person, but a better friend. I didn't want there to be a ton of people that I didn't like for reasons that were unexplainable. I wanted to be nice to be people and have them be nice back. Kara truly showed me what a real friendship was like and I am so greatful. And with me being a better person, I have let more wonderful people in my life (you included).

5. Would you change anything about yourself?


Wow, tough one. The first things that come to mind are those that are superficial like more toned, bigger boobs, etc. But really none of that matters. I like that person that I am. I am in a place in my life and am truly content with it. I think I would actually like to stick up for myself more. I am very quick at this point to be submissive at times and have there not be conflict and that in turn makes me look weak. I know that I am not weak and now I just have to show that. I need to not let assholes (not just guys) keep taking advantage of me. I am a strong person and I want that to be seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This interview meme has been really really cool.

I have a degree in psychology! I went for it because I thought the possibilities were endless and I wanted to help people. I loved school and would love to go again some day .. though working outside the home is not a desired thing for me now that I am a stay at home mom.

I also think everyone changes after high school. Thank goodness in my case ... I had a lot of growing up to do!