Wednesday, March 21, 2007

One Year Ago

It is one year ago today that I finally let go of one of my longest relationships not to mention a person that was so hard to get away from. Yes, Bryan. I don't know what it was about him, but I just couldn't seem to break the "spell" that he seemed to have on me. He was so good at saying all the right things and even though half the time I knew he was full of shit, I still kept going back to him. We haven't spoken at all since the beginning of December and that is how I plan to keep it. I want nothing to do with someone who is a compulsive liar and would lie, cheat, and steal to try to get ahead in life. I do however wish nothing but the best for him and happiness, I am just glad that it isn't with me.

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

You are so much better off and stronger with out him! I am so proud of you for running yesterday and getting groceries. You are doing such a great job!

Jen said...

This is kind-of a weird topic for me which I have debated about commenting on. I don't know how meaningful my comments may be, but I can only be honest with you.

As you may or may not know, Bryan was my first real boyfriend. We were together for about three years, and once we broke up he pretty much immediately got together with you. I don't remember how long you two lasted (at that point anyway) but I refused to even look at him during that period, and honestly it was really weird (especially because I think we worked together for a short time) for me because he was also my best friend and then all of a sudden he was YOURS.

In any case, I honestly have NO clue whatever happened between the two of you that time or any time after that, but I think it is good that you are letting go. I don't want to be weird, but Bryan and I are still friends and probably will always be friends on some scale. This is not because I agree with the way that he lives his life and what he does (seriously he is one of the most screwed up people I have EVER known) but I was also there through a LOT of the shit that he went through in his life to make him that way.

I'm really sorry, I don't mean to defend him and his actions, but I want you to know that you are strong and he is just screwed up. (Deep down) he is not a bad perosn and you should not regret loving him as he IS loveable.... he was just not as fortunate as a lot of us were with the kinds of support and upbringing and love that the rest of us were granted.

That being said: more power TO YA GIRLFRIEND!!!

XXXOOO