Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Me = Almost Impossible to be mean

If you don't believe it, ask Shannon or anyone one of my other friends. I really have a hard time which is so unlike how I used to be. I used to be the biggest bitch and not even care who I pissed off or that I wasn't friends with someone. But somewhere between high school and now, I am not that same way. Instead, I try to be nice to most everyone unless they do something that warrants some other action or emotion from me. Take my roommate for example. She has done more things to make me mad and upset me and I have continued to be nice to her. I figured if I showed her that I do care, that maybe she wouldn't shit on me anymore. Ha, what a joke this has turned out to be. Let me fill you in on what is going on and what happened today.

My parents had been renting out my grandpa's house since around October. My papa passed away Father's Day weekend and it was hard for my parents to take on another mortgage on top of the one they had, so they found a couple who said they would rent and eventually buy it. Well that turned sour because they didn't want to pay that much money. They kept making more and more changes to the house and so my parents gave them their 30 days notice. That being done, they started stressing about money and asked if I would be willing to break the lease I am in and move in and help them out. I figure, family comes before anything. How could I possibly say no to them when it would be something my papa would have wanted too. So I gave my 30 days notice and went ahead with the planning of moving. I left my roommate know what was going on and told her she could find someone to take over the lease so that she didn't have to move (since she doesn't have the credit to do it on her own) or find somewhere else to go. This didn't go over so well. After she repeatedly told me I was kicking her out on the streets with no where to go and no one to turn to, I told her she could go ahead and move with me. This of course made her happy because she was getting what she wanted. Well, when I told my mom about her moving in, she flipped out. After seeing how she has been at the condo, she didn't want her anywhere near my grandpa's house to destroy (hence the hole in the wall, the never cleaning, the never picking up, not cleaning the cat box, etc). Oh man did shit it the fan when I told her that she couldn't move in. She stormed out, wouldn't talk to me, would send me nasty text messages and so on. I swear I got at least 100 text messages from her one day.

Again, I was told how she had no where to go and so on and so I convinced my parents to just allow her to move in until she went home to Hawaii for the summer in May. They hated the idea, but said that was ok. I tell her she can move in til then and she is all of the sudden nice to me and friendly. Then little things started to happen. Like her ripping my ass over stupid stuff. The latest was when I told her she couldn't bring her cat to my grandpa's house. Mind you, I find a home for my cat and she was supposed to be taking her cat home with her in May and she had her cat staying at a friends place for the last three weeks. This is the text message I received from her (exactly as it reads): "wow your just full of surprises n bad at relaying info what the hell am I supposed to do w/him now bc I cant take him home in the summer its too late to do all the stuff so hes not in quarantine thanks." Mind you, we talked about her taking him home well over a month and a half ago, so he could very well have been in quarantine by now so she could take him. That wasn't even that bad of a text, it just goes to show how touchy and snappy she gets when she doesn't hear what she wants to hear. I explained to her that I got rid of my cat because I knew I couldn't have him and I thought I expressed that to her. I even told her that if it was a problem, she could find somewhere else to go because she is rude to me and it isn't fair.

I went home last night and she happened to be there and I was very pleasant. In fact, we even had a conversation about how moving was going to go and cleaning and everything. I expected her to be rude since I told her that her cat wasn't moving, so I was super surprised how nice she was. She left when I went to bed. I heard her come home at some odd hour of the night since she was annoyingly loud and on her phone and slamming shit, but let it go. This morning I woke up to not just her cat at our place, but my cat that our friend took. I couldn't believe it. Oh and the best part was, they had literally broken the blinds in the living room so I had the fixed the end of last week. I go and look this morning and sure enough, they were already bent up again. I was pissed! I was sitting at work today thinking about how things have been and her attitude in general and I realized how fed up I am. I am sick of her fucking attitude and her selfish ass ways. My mom told me that I needed to tell her how much she owed on the 1st since it is on Sunday, so I sent her this text message: "Rent will be 400 at the house for April and 200 for May. I will find about about the deposit. They will want April rent and the deposit on the 1st." Her response: "why am i paying deposit when I am only gonna be there for 6 weeks." Hhhhmmmm, let me think. Probably because you are selfish, rude, inconsiderate, you don't take care of shit, and they don't want you trashing my grandpa's place. I didn't say that, but I was definitely thinking it. This is where the conversation gets good. (oh side note, she won't talk in person or on the phone, will ONLY communicate through text messages) So the rest went just like this:

Me: "Thats what they want. I am just relaying a message to you."

Me: "Honestly this is getting to be too much for me. I am trying to help you. Maybe you need to find a weekly rental or somewhere else to go cause this is ruining our friendship and that was the last thing I wanted."

Her: "Ya I get ur trying to help me but I gotta look out for myself n if Im putting in a deposit I wanna make sure Im living there not temporary..n it is ruining our friendship but not my fault Im trying to make sure everything is fair for me bc u did mess up by not telling your mom I was moving in."

Me: "Well then go somewhere else. I am tired of how you are treating me just because you are blaming me for something I had no control over. I don't want to deal with it anymore."

Her: "I will n u r to blame n u dont realize it bc ur selfish."

Her: "N only think about you."

Me: "I know."

Me: "And that is the pot calling the kettle black. I need all your stuff out and the key left on Sat by 5."

Her: "No fricken prob..no1s ever told u that huh? Well reality check..its not always about you..or your fam."


I am so upset. I hate that I tried to do something nice for her and help her out and she has the balls to rip on me and put me down. Obviously I am not selfish if I was going to let her move in when every part me wanted for us to just go our own separate ways in the first place. I just don't get people some times. I think it is funny that she is calling me selfish, when she has clearly shown that is exactly what she is. At least I finally stuck to my ground and told her she needed to find some place else to go. Now I just fear what damage she will do between now and Saturday. How the hell am I going to live with her for the next 3 days?? And please, tell me if I was out of line or at all selfish in this situation.

3 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

by the end of three days you will be drinking wine with her and she will be moving in to your grandpas permanently. i only hope you are strong enough to resist!

Stephanie said...

Oh no, there will be no wine drinking at the end of three days. In fact, there will be no talking at the end of three days. I honestly don't think anything will be said between us for the rest of the week unless it has to do with money. Right now, I want nothing to do with her and want her out of my life. And that is huge because I don't kick people out of my life...you know that.

Jen said...

OMG!! I am sooo glad you finally stood your ground and told her what she REALLY DESERVED to hear. You can't let people walk all over you. There is a difference between being nice and being a wimp.The more you let people get away with things the more people there are out there getting away with things, and we just want everyone to get along, but that is just not always possible.

Good for you!