Thursday, April 12, 2007

A post that will make Shannon SWOON...

As I have mentioned I moved in with my life time friend Kylen. Not only have we been friends but we half-assed dated which really relates to sleeping together for awhile a few years ago. Anyhow, since we have moved in together he has been doing super cute/sweet things for me. It started with him fixing the stuff around my old place and then moving me out of my old place and then into my new place. He made sure that I didn't lift anything since I have back and neck problems. So I pretty much just got to watch and move little light stuff.

Knowing that I am scared of the dark, he has it planned to put up motion lights while I am in Cabo. I guess it is going to be a process (I don't know about this stuff...), so he is going to get his brother to help him. Within two days of living there, he also fixed a plug in my bathroom that wasn't working. When I was having a bad day last week from my neck and back hurting, he brought me home flowers and raspberry sherbert. Two nights ago, I got home and he made sure to leave the porch light on for me when I got home and when I went to wash my face, I noticed that he had plugged the slow drain that I had. I didn't even ask or remind him. So sweet. Oh ya, and he folded laundry that I had left in the dryer all nice like.

He was a big topic at dinner last night because Shannon is dead set that we are going to fall in love and get married. In fact, she thinks we are perfect for each other. And I...honestly don't see it. Yes, there is no denying that he is a great guy and he has grown up a lot, has a great head on his shoulders, is hard working, has a great job, and is good for me. But I just don't feel like I am attracted to him. So last night Shannon was telling Dawn all about him and all the cute things he has done for me since we have been living together and Dawn jumped on Shannon's bandwagon of us being great for each other. I heard about it all dinner! I am really good about shrugging all of it off, but last night, I really thought about it and had to laugh.

I was driving home and he called and I found out he was just a few minutes in front of me. By the time I got home, he had all the lights on my side of the house turned on. I was talking to him on the phone as I was walking up to the door and he told me that he left the door unlocked so I didn't have to fuss with it in the cold. I go to sleep and all is great and this morning I hear a knock on my door and I answer "ya". This is what I hear, "Happy birthday sweetheart." I was still asleep and didn't even realize it was my birthday, stirred and muttered a thank you. He then asked if he could come in and give me a hug and did and was so sweet. I heard him walk out and start his truck and then scrape his windows. Not only did he scrape his windows, but he scraped my windows too! I thought that was the sweetest thing.

I know you are just sitting there swooning hard Shannon. HAHA!

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

you know exactly how i feel.....you are a dummy for not giving him a shot dammit!

angie said...

wow I have to agree those are some pretty sweet things...it's all the little things that most guys forget to do!! Maybe you should look into him just a little more...you might find that you become more attracted to him the more sweet things he does. I know I did with Dave!