Thursday, April 12, 2007

It all makes sense...for the most part

So I found out yesterday at the doctor that I have a cyst the size of a golf ball on my right ovary. I have never even thought of having something like that, so I was shocked when I heard it. I know that cysts are pretty common and all but when the nurse practitioner was explaining to me how painful they are when they start to leak or burst, it made me a little nervous. It still doesn't make any sense though why I am not having my period. I have heard from many people that usually it makes it that much worse. I guess I will get some answers though after I get back from my trip. I have to go in for some blood work and an ultrasound and then we will go from there.

I am happy to know that I am not going nuts. For the last at least month (at least), I have been having a hard time emotionally. I am usually a super happy person and have never been depressed. But lately I can be super fine one minute and then be depressed and bitchy the next. It is the weirdest thing. I haven't wanted to say anything to anyone for fear that they would think I was just a wacko, so I just kept it to myself. I finally had a break down though the other night and morning and when I tried expressing to my mom that I didn't know why I was down, she got mad and kept saying, "well there has to be a reason." I really pondered hard for a reason on why I would feel the way that I did and came up with nothing. I really don't have anything to be down or depressed about. In fact, I should be happy and upbeat about all that is good in my life. Then a very dear friend of mine reminded me today that I am just raging with hormones due to not having my period. I am kind of in a situation like older women who are going through menopause, only I am 25. So basically, I am on an emotional roller coaster and I can't do a damn thing about it until that friendly monthly cycle decides to hit. So I am not depressed or unhappy. I just have whacked out hormones...just like my pregnant friends except with no baby belly to show for it!

So if I have been crabby, moody, whiny, bitchy, depressed, an asshole, or anything else, I am truly sorry. Realize I am not trying to be and I am working on it.

3 comments:

angie said...

My sister had cysts on her ovaries when she had her kids. I know they were pretty easy to take care of and at least you are finding out about them early. I hope things go well and have a blast in Cabo!! Soak up some sun for all of us!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Hope all turns out ok and you have a wonderful vacation!

Megan said...

Hi - found your blog through Shannon's and had to sympathize with your situation. 8 years ago, when I was 18, doctor's found a cantaloupe-sized cyst on my left ovary. I had had no symptoms at all! He put me on the pill to try to reduce the size, but after a few months it only got larger. Still, I had no symptoms, no pain. It didn't rupture or anything. With a few weeks I was in surgery, with a hip-to-hip incision (which you can now barely see) to remove the growth. I found out when I woke up that they weren't able to save the ovary. I still have my right one, though, and I thank God the cyst was benign.

It sounds like your cyst is much smaller and with advanced technology and medicine these days, they can take care of things like that very easily, even laproscopically through the belly button if they have to operate. I hope all goes well! Sending happy thoughts your way.