Monday, April 23, 2007

Me going on a Date!?

I have a date tonight. Yep, the first in I can't tell you how long. Probably since M.L. and we never really went on a date now that I am thinking about it. Anyhow, this guy is awesome. I have known him for years and my family has known him forever. He is one of my uncle's best friends from high school. I have hung out with him before about four years ago, but I was just wild, crazy, and stupid. The reason him and I got back in touch is from him going into my work and playing a practical joke (that is just a whole other story). He ended up leaving his business card with one of my managers because I wasn't working the night he was in and I was brave enough to call him. It was crazy...I enjoyed talking to him and felt all giddy and weird. Mind you, I still haven't seen him. I just talked to him. Then I left for a week.

The entire time I was gone, this guy was on my mind. It was the weirdest thing. I don't think about guys. Hell, I haven't even wanted to hang out with anyone. Not only was he creeping into my mind while I was sitting the pool drinking pina coladas, but I had random ass dreams as well involving him. It was just weird. When I got home on Saturday night, I shot him a text message since I was thinking about him letting him know that I was home and that I would still like to meet up with him this week. He called yesterday while I was at work and I seriously got a flittery feeling in my stomach when I saw the missed call. I was sure to call back and we ended up making plans to hang out tonight because the rest of this week sucks for me. All I will be doing is working (good money though, so not complaining).

I am really excited and nervous at the same time. I don't know if I want to open myself up to someone, but then I keep thinking to myself, it is just dinner and a movie or something. I will see how I feel about things and if I decide I want to go farther I can or I can be sure to continue doing my own thing. So we will see. I will be sure to write tomorrow with the details of tonight.

1 comment:

angie said...

Yay for you!! Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time tonight...I can't wait to hear all about it!