Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm a slacker

Yes, I am. I suck cause I haven't posted...so here is a long one.

As you have read, I am back at UNR and now that I am back, I am swamped with a crazy amount of work because they happened to get months behind. And since I have been back, it has been just me trying to get us caught up. So my days have been full of work that I haven't really been able to write much...nor have I really had much to really talk about. But I will do my best in catching you all up since I have been such a slacker about posting and then I will get in the habit of posting again.

At the beginning of the month, I made my move to my grandpa's house. It is so nice being up there and being close to my family. I love knowing that the house is in good hands and that all is taken care of. I love knowing that I am where my Papa loved to be. And let me just tell you, it is a nice little run from the house to my parents. I moved in with Kylen and that has actually gone very well also. He is super sweet and always being thoughtful. In fact, he got home before me last night and knowing that I am scared out of my mind of the dark, he made sure to leave the light on for me. Oh and last week I got flowers when my back and neck were hurting me super bad. I am so happy to be away from my old roommate Randi. As I am sure you all know, her and I parted from the last place on super bad terms. In fact, we aren't speaking at all. It is crazy. We went from hanging out all the time and being super close, to living together and realizing that our friendship...really wasn't a friendship. I actually see it more as her using me while she is here going to school since her mom isn't here to baby her. Well guess what? I am not your damn mom and I am not about to support your ass. You are 22. Grow up and figure it out on your own. Work for a living, have responsibility, be accountable for yourself.

She actually left me really bitter with her. I am just now at the point where I am able to let it go. After I told her that she could find somewhere else to live, she turned into super bitch. She wouldn't even look at me. I had the hole in her wall fixed and she didn't even bother asking the guys there how much she owed them. Instead, it was left up to me. Not to mention, she got all her shit out and didn't bother cleaning a damn thing. No, she had the cats at the house for two days and when she took them and their litter box, she left (no joke!) a pile of litter just chilling on the floor. Are you kidding me!?!? WHO DOES THAT!? Oh it gets better too. She went through all the stuff in the kitchen taking not only food that was mine, but some of my pots and pans. Then she left a crap load of laundry detergent and other items in the closet that I guess she didn't want, a ton of stuff under the bathroom sink (pads, tampons, shampoo, etc) for me to take care of, a lamp in her room that she must not have wanted, along with a few other random stuff. She didn't even bother wiping anything down or anything. I took care of it all and had my sister help me clean. It honestly didn't take that long, it was more the principal. I met with the landlord last week and of course she is all about charging me for EVERYTHING, even if it was there before I moved in and said I probably wouldn't be getting much of the deposit back. Whatever though, at least I am out of a shitty living situation. After meeting with her I was just very happy that I kept $295 from Randi.

So one day last week she actually had the nerve to text me and ask if I knew how much WE were going to get back. I seriously almost died laughing. I couldn't tell if she was for real or not. What nerve. I wasn't going to text back, but then did with a little help from Shannon. My text back went something like this: "She said it wouldn't be much but I won't know for awhile. If there is anything left, you won't be getting any of it. You didn't bother cleaning, left stuff for me to get rid of that you didn't want, and you took some of my pans." And that was that. I thought I was rather nice about it. I could have said more, but didn't. She text back saying something like she didn't know she took me stuff and I just left it. No sense getting into it with someone like her and wasting my time. So it is done and I am in a better spot.

Work has been really good, just super busy. I don't know how they got so far behind before I came back, but it has taken me forever to get us to a current status. I am lucky though and have been able to accumulate some comp time which is needed with my trip that is coming up. That's right, I leave for Cabo on Saturday!!! I am so excited. I have never been to Mexico and I usually don't take multiple days off of work. So this will be a much needed vacation. I got to go shopping yesterday for clothes (my birthday present from my parents) and I was so excited to get some new summer stuff. I definitely don't shop enough!

This week is kind of crazy for me. Worked late last night, got here early this morning, have to go straight to work, dinner with my friends tomorrow night (YAY!!!!!!!!!!), the dinner at my parents on Thursday with some family, then pack Friday and leave at the ass crack of dawn on Saturday! It will all be worth it though.

Let's see what else...? Oh! I got to go to the Verdi Easter egg hung with Shannon and Brandon on Saturday. Brandon looked all cutie in his little outfit and did so good getting the eggs. That was the only thing I did over the weekend that was Easter related. I had to work on Sunday and we were slammed all day! Good thing we closed early. Instead of being a good girl though and leaving right after work and going over to my family's house, I was stupid and got wasted with the people that I work with. Not so good. Live and learn.


Ok, that is it for now.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! Doesn't it make all the difference when you have nice, considerate roommates?

I can't believe she just left all that crap. That is effed up!

Oh well, now you are away from her and you can be happy. I would have probably ripped her head off if I were you... but maybe that is just my hormones. : )

angie said...

I had a friend who had that same thing happen to her...her roommate left everything...didn't even take what was hers and just moved out one day. Since there was so much we had a yard sale with it and made money haha!!

Glad to hear you are in a better living situation though!