Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Ellipticals = Dangerous

Ha, this story still cracks me up and it happened on Sunday night. I honestly wish that there was a video camera because I think it could have won some money. I don't know how funny it will be to tell the story, but I will give it a shot.

I went to the gym with my sister and we decided to do the elliptical because my feet were hurting from working all damn day. So we jump on and we have only been on for a couple minutes when I got this really annoying itch on my ankle. I didn't want to stop because once I start it pisses me off to stop. --Side note: I was on an elliptical where there were the arm poles that move back and forth, the gym was slow but there were 2 guys and 2 girls behind me on the treadmill-- Anyhow, so I have this annoying itch and I am trying super hard to ignore it and it became apparent that it wasn't going to go away. So being stubborn I sat there trying to figure out how to scratch it without stopping. I thought if i took my left arm off the arm pole, lifted up my right leg to scratch it, I would be able to balance while still moving just quick enough for me to scratch my it. HAHAHA! What a cluster fuck that was. Taking my arm off was nothing. It was when I lifted my leg that I had a problem...and it all happened so damn fast. So the minute I lifted my leg, I started losing my balance. I tried steadying myself with both arms, but it was too late. Already looking like an idiot, I kind of fell into the right arm pole and then jumped off the machine. It didn't hurt at all which is a good thing and I just started laughing. I could just imagine what the people thought. Seeing me fall towards the side and end up standing next to the machine. The guys did try not to laugh, but nonetheless ended up laughing to where I could hear them I was dying of laughter and so was my sister. She was doubled over she was laughing so damn hard. It took me a couple minutes for my heart to stop jumping out my damn chest and to stop giggling. I couldn't believe it happened. Good thing I wasn't hurt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe that is so something I would end up doing!

Stephanie said...

I am glad I am not alone then!!