Friday, April 13, 2007

Another Swoon moment for Shannon...

Last night I celebrated my birthday at my parents house and of course I invited Kylen to the house. He is so funny. He calls me at almost 5:30 wanting to know when I would be leaving our house to go to my parents and when asked where he was, he said he was just leaving the shop. I laughed and said, we are eating at 6:00. As I am driving literally five minutes later, I see him driving towards our house and stop him and asked what the hell he was doing (considering just leaving the shop would mean he was 25min away, not 5). He said just trying to buy time...whatever that means. So he flips a bitch and we go to my parents. I found out that he was trying to buy himself time because he had my birthday present and didn't know if he would have time to wrap it before coming to the house. I told him there was no need for wrapping.

The night goes on. We eat, I open my presents, we have dessert, and all is well. It was nice to see everyone since I am usually the one not at family functions cause I am always working. Well, Kylen decides he is leaving and it was pretty early and he makes up some excuse that he is just really tired and wanted to go to bed. He leaves, and I stay and hang out for a while longer. It was almost 10 before I decided I could barely keep my eyes open anymore and needed to go home and go to bed. I know, I am a HUGE party animal.

This is what I come home to:
ALL the lights are on. My door is open and I notice right away that all the empty boxes in the hallway are no longer there. I drop all the stuff in my hand on my bed and go to put a present down in the living room and realize that all the boxes that were cluttering the dining room table, dining area and spilling into the kitchen were neatly organized and set off to the side where they are hardly noticeable and the flowers I was given last week were in the middle of the table. I know, so cute. It does get better though. So I go back in my room and open and read my card and then start to organize my stuff. That is when I realized that my bed wasn't the way that I had left it. So I pulled back the covers and there was a nice new, soft heating blanket on my bed. It wasn't just on my bed either...it was already heated up so it would be warm for me to get into. I know, the sweetest thing ever!

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

NO! this is another steph is stupid for not dating Kylen moment.