Friday, April 27, 2007

One of those days

It seems like everyone in the office today is just having, one of "those" days. Everyone seems to be going through some issue and the moral is just kind of down. I am very thankful that today is Friday. It sucks because I hate to see the people I work in such close quarters with upset over things. And since we do work in such a tight knit office, we all share and ask opinions and are there for one another. Both women (both older than me) are having problems with their significant other. One knows that the relationship she is in is going no where, yet is having a hard time getting to the point of breaking it off. She knows it is for the best, but is scared to do it. Scared not for the reason of being on her own, but other reasons that I won't get into. Not to mention, she doesn't want to hurt him. He is a good person, just not for her. And as everyone knows, every breakup is hard, even if you are the one that wants it.

The other woman is newly married and her and her husband are having an issue over something that happened back in December, before they got married - but it is something that was just found out. I almost feel bad for the husband (not cause I am on his side) but because this woman is the most hard headed, strong willed person. She knows that she doesn't need him or anyone else and will be the first to tell you that and doesn't take any shit.

With all this going on, it makes me thankful to be where I am not. I have no guy drama at all and it is so nice. I think that is what scares the hell out of me when it comes to getting involved with someone new. I don't want to go through any bullshit. I have been there and done that. I know that not everything is easy, but I don't want to find myself in a crappy ass situation. I guess that is why I am so picky and make sure to not get involved with anyone unless I feel they could be worth while (and even then, I know I would be taking a chance). It is nice to see situations that other people are going through because even though it isn't me going through it directly, I am learning from it still. It is amazing how much you learn in a day just by listening and watching other people.

I do know that I am ready for today to be over. I am not so much looking forward to going to the other job, but know I will be just fine once I get there. Like I said, it has just been one of those days.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Drama in relationships isn't always a bad thing.

Erick and I almost NEVER have drama now, but that wasn't always the case. There was a time in our relationship where things were NOT EASY, in fact they were really difficult and painful and it sucks, but we worked through it and both came out much wiser on the other end.

I don't think you should hold back for fear of things getting a little nitty gritty. It could turn end up turning into the best thing you ever did!