I have been tagged by Carie at The Life of Carie to inform all of you about 7 things you don't already know about me. 7 things... I thought this was going to be easy, but not so much. Anyhow, here goes nothing.
1) If I didn't have fake nails, all you would see is short, chewed off fingernails. I have bitten my nails since I was super little and for some reason, I haven't been able to stop. Well, I can stop for a little bit and enjoy when they start getting long. But as soon as one breaks, I will bite them all off. It is horrible. I can't tell you how many times I have made myself bleed.
2) I sucked my thumb until I was 8. Yes, 8 years old. And I didn't stop on my own. My parents tried everything and finally my dentist had to put some contraption in my mouth to keep me from getting my thumb in there. I have never been addicted to anything but thumb sucking in my life and I still remember the withdrawals!
3) I have stretch marks on my inner and outer thighs from growing too fast. I was always one of the tallest girls in school. Then I just randomly stopped growing. I have always been self conscious of them and that is probably while during pregnancy I have done all that I can to help prevent getting them. I have been extremely fortunate and only have three on my left boob. At least those are covered by a bra or bathing suit. The others, not so much.
4) I like corn. I love white corn especially. Corn on the cob is excellent. However, I can't stand corn in things. I have to pick it out. I think it is more a texture thing that anything. If a recipe calls for corn, I will leave it out. It just grosses me right out. Yes, I am weird.
5) I never actually "ditched" school. I just felt too guilty to do it. The only time that I left, I would tell my mom that I wanted to. If she said no, I would end up staying and suffering through. What a nerd huh?? My senior year she let me get away with a lot though luckily! I think there was only one time I asked and she said no.
6) I love my house being clean, but I absolutely loathe cleaning it. Once I get in the groove, I'm alright. But bringing myself to actually start cleaning is an obstacle. I wonder if this would be different if I didn't work all day and was home and had more time to do it - then it wouldn't be taking up any of my "relax" time on the weekend or I wouldn't have to cram it in at night after working along with dinner and everything else. Hhhhmmmm...
7) This right here is my favorite animal. They absolute amaze me. They are so big and yet so graceful. And, one time at Marine World with my Girl Scout troop, I was picked to be kissed by one. Oh my gosh, I almost peed my pants. It was the best day ever! I will never forget it. I wanted so bad to be a marine biologist after that...but I didn't want to move or do that much schooling so that inevitably went out the window.