Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Ah, what a wonderful weekend spent with the people that I love the most. I so enjoy the weekends we have with the kids. Saturday was such a beautiful day. We got up and got ready and had breakfast out on the front porch. Grandma went shopping and got them some new summer clothes, so they had to show them off!


Sunday morning I woke up to a bunch of hugs and kisses. Then while I was showering they came in with a present and a card. I love when they are so proud and excited like they were that morning. I didn't expect at all to get anything, but it really made me feel good that I was thought about. Eli picked out the cutest gift bag. It had a cute little boy and girl dressed up in wedding attire and Eli wrote on the bag, "This should be us". For someone that can come off as such a hard ass, he is so very thoughtful and seriously has the biggest heart and is actually romantic!!! Then I got to the card. First of all, this is the first card from him...in a year. I am not complaining at all because the following melted my heart and was absolutely perfect. I cried. It made me feel so good and I was just so happy!



This next part is the best part. Its the part that really had the tears flowing...
The words were perfect. As I was trying to read the card, Seth was pulling it out of my hand to show me that he drew me a boat. The boat would be the black scribble. He is the cutest thing ever. And check out how great Swae writes her name. She can even write it in cursive too. Such sweet angels. I was on top of the world after that.

We took the kids to their mom by 10 and they showed up bearing a gift from each of them. They were so cute holding them. I had gotten some great pictures of them when we were up playing at a park in Tahoe, so I framed one of each of them and then got a couple cute pictures of flowers that could be hung.

Then we were off to have brunch with my family. My dad spent two hours cooking and he did a fabulous job - fried potatoes, a ton of bacon, eggs, and cinnamon rolls and orange juice. I loved spending time with my mom and showing her just how special she is and just how much I love her. She is truly amazing and my best friend.

After we went to see Eli's parents because his dad was shooting. We hung out with them for a bit then went and did our own thing for a while...wink wink...then dinner with his family. It was such a wonderful day. Oh and his mom even got me a present for Mother's Day and thanked me for loving her grandchildren the way that I do and for being so good to them. Totally made me feel special.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!!

3 comments:

angie said...

Glad you had a wonderful day!! And the card...how sweet is he...that's a whole other side to Eli now isn't it!!

Jen said...

What a nice card! I didn't even get a card. My husband does not = romantic.

Dyan said...

HOW WONDERFUL!!!!