Friday, February 1, 2008

YAY - Babies!!!!! =)

Babies are happening all over. Just this week, two guys that I work with had babies. One a little boy and the other a little girl. I saw pictures and they are so absolutely cute! I am so excited for these two guys. They are both so wonderful and deserve nothing but the greatest and sweet, beautiful little babies. They are so blessed!! So that makes three cutie babies in a week and a half. =)

Oh and I think I kept the biggest secret ever for a freaking long ass time! My boss started talking to me during the summer about her and her new husband trying for a baby. I was all for it and completely supportive. She didn't go off the pill right away but when she did, she made a lifestyle change. She started doing the South Beach Diet. She is a big beer drinking and when she started her diet, she quit drinking. I couldn't have been more proud. Somehow, within months of the two of us working together, we ended up being on the same "schedule". We pretty much started the exact same day, at most just a day off. When she stopped taking the pill, we would both compare when we started. Well one month mine came and went. I didn't mention it and neither did she. About a week later I asked if she ever started. She said, "No, but I think I'm gonna start cause my boobs are sore and I just feel like I am going to."

Guess what? She never started. She didn't tell her husband. She kept saying that she couldn't be and that she didn't have time to take a test cause she was so crazy busy. Ha! The weeekend that we went Christmas tree cutting with the kids was the weekend that she finally took a test to confirm what she already knew. Sure enough, there was no doubt she was pregnant. And it didn't take her but two months for it to happen. I was the first to know and other than her family and her two kids, the only one that knew. I remember the day of her first doctor appointment. She just thought she was going to have to pee in a cup, so she didn't have her husband go with her. Well, they did more than just that. They found the heartbeat, she got pictures from the ultrasound. And guess what? I was the first to know and see any of that!!!!

She wanted to keep it quiet around work because of personal things that she had been through, so I had to keep my little (haha, my mouth little????) shut for 12 weeks!!!!!!! I almost slipped like two times during conversation, but I didn't. I was there when she told most of the people and it was so fun to see their reactions. There were a couple that were all weirded out that I knew and since the beginning, but they seem to have gotten over it. Now that everyone knows, its so fun because we all get to see first hand the progress of her pregnancy. I seriously am so excited for her.

She is due the end of July and so far her pregnancy has been great. So far she has only gotten sick two times. Other than that and her boobs being sore at the beginning, she has had none of the normal pregnancy signs. The girls is amazing. I hope that when my time comes, that my pregnancy is like hers. It isn't going to happen any time soon, but I will be intersted to see how it goes when it does happen. For now, I will live through my boss and her experience and get my baby fix from all those around me that have the sweet little things!

2 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

Yippy for your boss!

angie said...

Oh my gosh is Brenda the one that is having the baby? She has a new husband and she has two kids...spill missy!!!