Monday, February 18, 2008

Still Around

Oh my goodness. I don't remember the last time that I felt sick and so bad for so long as this sickness that knocked me on my butt. Last Monday I thought I was getting better, but I was sadly mistaken. Every time I would show up to work, people would be telling me that I didn't look like I felt well and should probably go home (so in other words, I looked like shit). Somehow I made it through the week though, although, I was completely miserable most of it. Thursday we had a conference to go to for the office and one lady told me that by the end of the day my nose would probably fall off because I was blowing it so much. My little nose was bright red.

Come Saturday morning, I was in so much pain, I couldn't even stand it. My face was hurting and even my teeth were hurting. It was horrible. Every time I moved, my entire face would throb and it hurt so bad that I wanted to rip my head off my shoulders. I hate going to the doctor but realized that I needed to do something since the sickness was just getting worse. So I left the house in tears and went to Urgent Care. I think half the town was there. After two and a half hours, I was informed I have a horrible sinus infection and an ear infection in my left ear. The pain in my face and in my teeth was from my sinuses. I came home and curled up on the couch and that was where I spent the rest of my day and night. I can't remember feeling that bad.

Sunday I was feeling better, but still not great. Most of the pain was gone in my head from the medication I was taking, but not all the way and I was still so very tired. I think that was just my body telling me that it wasn't feeling good. I laid pretty low still and just spent some time with my family and then called it a night. Today, I am feeling much better. My sinuses are draining, but the pain is finally gone. I still am a little tired, but I will totally take that over the pain ANY day.

So that would explain my absence from the blogging world. At work, I wouldn't even check my email or anyone's blogs. I would just work and that seemed to take me so much longer than normal. But I am back. I am hoping that I feel 100% normal come Wednesday so that I can make my way to the gym, which I am really looking forward to doing.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Mine was nice. Eli and I celebrated ours on Wednesday. He was so cute. He took it upon himself to make us dinner reservations and he even got me a new watch. I was so surprised and excited. He really can be romantic when he wants to. It was a great evening (other than not feeling that well) and then for actual Valentine's Day we had the kids and spent some fun time with them. I have had a very nice time off today for President's Day and am actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow, feeling well and getting stuff done. I got so much stuff done today and was able to spend some time with a great friend. Can't beat that. Now, I'm off to make some dinner and have a good evening. I plan on taking some time tomorrow to check everyone's blogs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where'd y'all go to dinner? I'm fixing to find some good places in the Reno area. Sorry you're sick darlin'! That's not fun. Have a good week!

kat said...

Awwww Steph, that sounds horrible but I am glad the meds are working now and you're back. For a while there I was really worried. You were missed.

Glad you still had a nice V-Day.

Just Jiff said...

Glad you're feeling better! I was beginning to worry about you.
And I haaaaaaate sinusitis!! I always get an ear infection too, so I feel for ya.

Just Jiff said...

I tagged you for the Book Meme! You're IT! (You don't have to do it if you don't want to tho ) Check my latest blog entry to see what I'm talking about... heh.

Megan said...

I hope you're feeling better!!! I am worried about you - you have been so sick lately! Doctor up and rest...hang in there!