Friday, February 8, 2008

=( - Feel Yucky

I have tried pretty much everything to keep whatever I was fighting at bay and to keep from hitting me full force. I guess that with everyone at work sick, along with Eli, I couldn't fight it anymore. The last three nights have been full of pretty much all coughing and very restless. I haven't missed work or anything, but haven't felt too chipper either.

Today though is the worst. My head feels like it might explode. My throat is raw from all the coughing and my nose is so stuffed, I can hardly smell things. In my attempt to not miss work over this, the sickness has won. I will be leaving here early to go home, put on my pj's, and curl up for a most needed nap. What I keep hearing from other people that I have fought whatever crap is going around is that sleep is key. So I will give that a shot and if it keeps progressing, I will start taking the antibiotics that Eli's taking because I don't want to feel this shitty anymore.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Waah! You defo need SLEEP and EMERGEN-C! AND TEA!

OMG Theraflu is the BEST! Like almost as good as real drugs! ;)

Just Jiff said...

Poor thing. Definitely spend the weekend in pjs in bed or on the couch. And like Jen said, drink plenty of tea (or other liquids... I love apple cider.)

Hope you get better soon!!

misguidedmommy said...

YOU KNOW, MOST PEOPLE GET SICK IN THE EARLY STAGES OF PREGNANCY BECAUSE THEIR IMMUNE SYSTEMS SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT ATTACKING THE BABY...HMMMMM

Cristina Mathers said...

shannon,lol!

airborne, sleep and some spicy food always does the trick with us! feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

... but you are ALWAYS sick and should probably drink more orange juice and stop eating fast food.

Jayla'sMommy said...

Awww, I'm sorry you're sick... I hope you feel better soon!!! Get lots and lots of rest!!

Shawna said...

Hope you are feeling better and got some much needed rest over the week-end.