Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's Only Tuesday

My goodness, what a week this has been so far. Yesterday I put in 10 1/2 hours and still had so much to do. I could have totally stayed and kept working, but the pain from sitting on the computer for so long was too much for me to bare. So I gave up and went home and was taken to dinner. It was so very yummy and even more enjoyable because the last thing I wanted to do last night was cook dinner. Today has been just as crazy as yesterday, but only 9 hours put in. Maybe one day I will feel like I am caught up and not spend so much time at work!

Superbowl was fun. We ended up only having just a couple people over due to others having last minute plans, which is understandable. It was quiet and the company enjoyable. We didn't at all go all out with snacks. Just some chips and dip and then some little salami roll up things. Maybe there was more and I just don't remember...huh, who knows! I was very happy that the Giants won. I totally forgot that I got in on the little pool thing at work. But turned out, I won the first quarter, so that was fun. It wasn't much, but it was the principle that I won. One person one the half and 3rd quarter...lucky person! She got a good little chunk of change.

In other news, I am still fighting the cold that I was starting to be hit with the other night. I don't know what is going on. It is like it wants to hit me, but is just lingering enough to where I feel it, but not really hitting me head on. If that be the case, I want it to just hit me so I can get it and then be done and over it. There are a ton of people sick though - pretty much everyone in my office. Hard to stay healthy when you are surrounded by sickies. Hopefully I kick it soon. Another restless sleep full of difficult breathing better not be in store tonight. That annoys me so bad when it happens. You know how it is - your throat is dry and scratchy and no amount of water soothes it. And then your nose is plugged and you can't breathe which only makes you have to breathe out of your mouth and hurt it more. Yep, that is about how my whole night was last night. A little (ok, VERY) frustrating when you are super tired and all you want is a night of nice, dreamy sleep. Maybe I will get some Nyquil on the way home. Now that's thinking for you!

2 comments:

kat said...

10 1/2 hours with you cold and all? Wow, poor you. Hope you're feeling better soon and work gets less stressful

Just Jiff said...

Girlie, get some Mucinex-D (you may have to sign for it) and take some ibuprofen or Tylenol for your throat. THEN...take some Benadryl and drink lots of fluids. You'll be able to sleep like a baby. :) Yes, I'm an honorary MD. haha.