Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I L-O-V-E Being a Girl

A couple weeks ago, I got an email from a friend saying that the Siena was hosting a bridal fair and needed models. I figured it would be fun to spend a day with the girls and said I could do it. I had no idea what exactly it all entailed or anything. I just said I would do it because it sounded like a good time. Then I got an email saying that I needed to call David's Bridal and set up a fitting time! So I did and I went yesterday.

Let me just say, I love being a girl. It was so fun going in there and trying on wedding gowns. Not that I will be getting married anytime in the near future, but so much fun still. Wedding dresses are so pretty. I didn't realize how heavy they really were until I actually put one on. Turns out, I get to model two wedding dresses and a brides maid dress. All three of them are gorgeous. We also will be getting our hair and make-up done, so it is going to be a total princess day!! I will definitely have to get some pictures and post them up from the day (it's not for a couple weeks still).

It's kind of cool knowing what size wedding dress I wear. And it really made me think about way down the road of actually going and trying on dresses for an actual wedding...if that ever happens. HA, just kidding. But seriously. There are so many different dresses to choose from and all unique in so very many different ways. Crazy!

Also, this post marks 300!! That is just crazy. Doesn't compare to 1000 like Shannon, but still very good for me!

8 comments:

Just Jiff said...

Wow! No one would ever ask me to be a dress model. I'm jealous. :)

Seriously, that sounds like so much fun!! You will DEFINITELY have to post pics!!!

Lindz said...

Eeew, I went to David's bridal last weekend and tried on a dress just for jokes and I couldn't find ANY that I liked. Seriously, maybe yours is better than mine. Could also be that nobody would pay attention to me when I was there so I was digging through dresses on my own and tried on the first decent one I found only to find I looked like a pasty cupcake.

Jayla'sMommy said...

Yay, that sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to see pics :))

Stephanie said...

I have found by going shopping with my best friend looking for dresses that dresses look a TON different on than on the hanger. Most that we thought would be a definite no ended up being the ones that looked really good. Don't give up and try some where else. The dresses I had on were pretty in different ways, but not what I would want for MY wedding day.

Jen said...

HOw FUN! I want to model WEDDING DRESSES! Totally jealous!

So@24 said...

Well... do you get paid or what??

angie said...

Trying on wedding dresses = OVERWHELMING!!! There is so much to choose from and you just don't know where to even start! I'm glad that I finally got mine! I can't wait to see pictures from your day...it sounds like it's going to be a blast!

Shawna said...

Congrats on your 300th post.

You are going to have to post pictures. I can't hardly wait.

It is great that you are getting that experience now so when the TIME comes you already know what looks good on ya. Which is probably like all of them.