Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Today

Was a day of doing something that I never thought would happen. A day that will ever be engraved in my brain, my soul, my heart. It is a day of not only remembrance, but a day of "graduation," a day of "closure." Although, as I write, I don't know how much closure I am going to feel from the sadness, the emptiness, and loneliness that I feel and have felt for 18 years, but I am hoping that day is coming.

Today has got to be one of the hardest day of my life. The first being my brother dying, suddenly 18 years ago, the second being losing my Papa (oh a man that will ever be with me and engrained in all memories and missed more than he will even know), and the third being...bringing my little baby brother home. A home where he belongs. A home where he belongs and he will be close to our family, a place where he can soar and be hear. And he can be with us.

Baby brother...TJ (Thomas James), I love you so very much, I miss you each and every day and I hope that you know I look for you and I need you every day of my life. You are truly amazing and I would be so very lost without you.

Rest my little baby brother, flow in the trees, the air...be with us, but be free.

WE LOVE YOU.... I love you...l

2 comments:

angie said...

Thinking of you...hope you are doing ok

kat said...

Oh Steph, I hope you are ok. THis post just made me sob uncontrollably.