Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just thoughts - in no real order

I've been quite the busy one lately. Haven't had much time to do much personal stuff at all. At work, I am consumed with work (that is the point of working though...). And lately it has been out of control busy and there have been so many new things going on which cause just that much more paperwork and keep me that much more busy. It's a never ending cycle. But I am enjoying what I am doing and would rather be busy than bored. I would like to have more than five minutes though so that I could blog about things (I could definitely use the release) and catch up on everything that is going on with everyone else!

I actually feel guilty when I take a break from the mounds of work I have piled around to even type an email. I think it is something that I am going to have to get over because seriously, to stay sane, I have to do something other than work during the day...even if for five minutes! Plus I am starting to realize the mounds of work are never going to go away, so I can only do what I can do and need to stay sane while doing it!!!!

I have been managing to help Tara plan Kara's bridal shower and we are in the making of planning the bachelorette party. And then there is the boss's baby shower that I have been planning. I am so thankful that I have help with the both of them. There are so many things to do and with how stressed I have been lately, the help was much appreciated. Since a lot of you are married and have kids, I would like to know things that you enjoyed at your showers, both bridal and baby. I love getting ideas from other people because I know that I hate going to showers that are boring!!! Tara and I ordered the bridal shower invitations. They are so gorgeous, I can't wait to get them here and get them mailed out. When I was out shopping for the twins birthday, I found cutie little invitations for the baby shower and started getting those out. I have a lot going on in the next month!!! But it will keep me out of trouble.

I was just informed that my little sister has a date to PROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know most are probably thinking, big deal, we've been to a million proms. Not my little sister...she hasn't been to a prom yet and she is a junior. She has gone to all the Winter Dances, but she has always just gone with her girl friends. She hasn't really been that into boys until this year. Well, I take that back. She started getting a little boy crazy last year, but this year it is on full force. She is so freaking cute. She always has at least three that she is talking to and won't settle with just one because she loves the attention from them all. I love that she is just playing the field and not just settling down. She is such a wonderful girl. This guy that she is going to prom with is someone that she has been crushing on for awhile. From what I hear, he is a little cutie and she couldn't be more excited. I am so happy for her. I can't wait to see her all dressed up in her gorgeous dress and help her do her hair and make-up. She will be stunning and that guy that is her date is one lucky fella. Now, I just need to have a talk with him and let him know that he needs to keep it in his pants!!! I'm not ready for my little sister to be "de-flowered"!!!

I had a good weekend. Finally got out of town. Went down to Great America and rode some rides and then went to San Francisco to Pier 39. Always a good time. I was surprised at how slow Great America was. There were buses of kids there, but there was still no more than a ten minute wait for any ride. Most you could walk right up and get on the next one. It was perfect. It is always such a drag having to wait in line for 45 minutes are longer. Oh and I went on the swing for the first time. I thought I was going to pee my pants I was so scared. But I didn't and it was actually one of the funnest things I have done. It was so nice to get away, to not be in town for a weekend.

Oh yea, got the test results back. Everything came back 100% normal. That is a good thing, but also frustrating since I still don't feel normal either. Maybe it is just a phase, I don't know. All I know is that it isn't like me to go to sleep on a Saturday night (even out of town!!!) at 7:30 and not wake up until Sunday morning at 9!!!! That is just not like me at all. But it must have been what I needed. I am actually feeling better than I have, so maybe things are looking up. I guess we will see.

I still haven't got those bridal show pictures. I'm so pissed I forgot my own camera. I hope to get them soon and then I will for sure post them. And I will be sure to post pictures from the twins birthday get together and my beautiful sister ready for the prom!

2 comments:

angie said...

We played one game where we took all the labels off the baby food jars and people had to guess what they were. That was fun because so many of them looked a like. Bridal showers I can't really think of any games other than a how well does the bride know the groom kind of thing!

misguidedmommy said...

one of my ultimate favorite shower games was melting different candy bars in diapers and then havng people guess what candy it was.