Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Don't Miss High School

Having a little sister that is still in high school helps to not ever start thinking, "oh I wish I could go back to high school." Nope, no thank you. I don't want to go back there, wasn't sad to graduate, and can honestly say those weren't "the best years of my life." It actually makes me sad when I hear people say that. But that is a whole other opera.


My poor little sister is caught in some shit right now. She runs in this circle of girls and this girls are just down right vicious. I thought that we were vicious (don't compare to you or I, Shannon!!!), but I was wrong. The things my sister tell me make me want to cry for her and I cringe. There is one girl in particular that tries to come off as the sweet and innocent type and she is the worst. She is your typical low self esteem, not a lot of confidence but really tries to come off as she does. She dresses all slutty and then tries to say that she is prude, yet has the mentality of a player. This girl is one that you get a negative vibe from just from meeting her from the first time. And for some reason, she has made it her mission to screw with my sister from day one. I tried warning her, but at 16, you don't listen to anyone.


I am not saying that my little sister can't be a little brat because I know that she can. I have seen it and dealt with it first hand. But for the most part and from what I can see, she just wants to fit in. She just wants to get along with people. Her down fall is, she has a couple great friends and then when new girls, like the one I mentioned before, come along she seems to kind of put all her time and energy into them and therefore blowing off the girls in her life that are nice and worth a damn. So then she comes off as a bad person and in the end, the stupid girls screw her over and cause her grief and then her 'true' friends have hurt feelings, so she feels alone. And I hate knowing that she feels like that. I know how she feels and I believe that every girl can relate to how she feels and has been there at one time or another.

All I could tell her is to make it right with the people that matter. It may take time since they feel almost abandoned, but it can happen. I also told her that I hope she learned from this one. Girls are so shady and so vindictive. I hate it. That was one of the biggest things that I hated about high school. If I could do it over, I would definitely be different. But I can't and things that I have wanted to make right I have. I just hate that my little sister is going through it and wish there was something I could do, other than being there for her. Everyone has to go through it though and its better she learns it now than later.

4 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

thi sosunds like what happened with me and shanna

Dyan said...

Is it me, or does EVERYONE hate high school who went to GHS? SHIT.... I mean, I liked SOME parts of it, like Fresh and Soph years maybe....

If I had to pick an age to go back and re-live as a teen... I would say 7th grade..... I had a million friends and boyfriends.... not a damn care in the world - I loved that age, although you did have to rely of parents to drive and give you money (or do stupid chores).

Jen said...

LOL! I think we are pretty much ALL good examples of how much people change and totally GET OVER things from high school... We all grew up and moved on from the stupid bullshit and she will too. We all have to go through it. I know it's hard for you to watch though!

Dyan said...

Hahahha, Shannon.... you and I should compare ridiculous stories about that Lil Missy.... but do we even care that much about it to compare? Um, probably not....