Friday, May 25, 2007

Love My Job

I was getting ready this morning when I realized how happy I am at my job and how fortunate I am to be able to say that. I was reading Megan's blog about her shitty, rude co-worker and was so happy to know that I am away from a place that I had to worry about that. Not that my co-workers were rude and shitty, but there was a lot of pettiness. I don't want to relive it at the moment, so I will just let it lie with that. I noticed, this week especially, that I was on time to work every single day. I know that is how it is supposed to be, but I am just saying. And not only was I on time, half the time I was early. And not just a couple minutes early, but like 10-15 minutes early. That is so shocking for me because usually I am barely making it into the office at 8:00am on the dot. And this week, I had to be here three days at 7:00am and found myself here early! I know, I am nuts. I hate mornings. I hate getting out of bed. That explains always running just right on time.

Ok, so back to what I started saying. I actually enjoy coming to work. I don't mind it at all. I like the people that I work with. I specifically love my co-worker and my direct supervisor. Both are older than me (my supervisor by 10 years and the other by about 20). We have so much fun together. Most of our days are spent chit-chatting in between the work that we should be getting done and being close. It is quite nice. Being close to the people that you work with all day, every day, is really a treat. I don't worry that there is someone that is secretly going behind my back and trying to get me in trouble. Don't get me wrong though. I do work with an office full of women (about 10) and so of course there is the petty bullshit and some drama, but none that concerns me or has to do with me. For that, I am thankful. Plus, I don't work in the same room as all them, so I really don't care what goes on with all them. I just like coming to work and knowing that I will have a good day. I may be busy or I may be slow, but I have two people that I enjoy being around and talking to and you can't ask for much more.

Along these same lines, it makes me so thankful that what happened at my last job happened. I have talked to a few people that have said that things aren't really getting any better over there...in fact, it sounds like it is getting worse. I feel bad for my friends that are still over there. I know that they love the work that they do, but the other part just isn't good. I know someone was looking out for me though when they got me out of there. That was a place that I know I wasn't happy. I didn't like going to work and was always finding an excuse not to be there. I didn't like how many people were selfish and how much shit was constantly being talked. Yes, there is shit talking here, it just doesn't seem as cut throat though. I don't know. It is just crazy to me that there are really people out there that are so miserable with themselves and their own lives, that they feel compelled to bring other people down and be mean to them...actually go out of there way to be rude. I just couldn't imagine. So much time is wasted putting that much effort into being mean to others that could be spent on other things.

Now that I am happy, I am able to look around and feel bad for other people that don't have things as good as I do. I may not make a shit ton of money, but I am treated good here, am secure, and have a very relaxed job. You can't really ask for much more than that in my opinion.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You truly are SO lucky...and it's even more awesome that you know it. Good for you, girl! :)